Will a petition to the manufacturer have any effect?

Does anyone here have experience writing petitions to any electronics manufacturers? As I can see Oticon has become very lazy. Even Widex has already released a desktop microphone and a USB dongle for the computer. Phonak has a huge selection of microphones. And only Oticon is too lazy to produce superpower hearing aids and accessories for them. I hope the petition gets Oticon moving.

Good luck, i am a retired electronics engineer/software engineer and i never saw a customer demand ever see the light of day. You will need every name on earth on your request before you even stand a chance.

2 Likes

Thank you for answer. So we are slaves to corporations.

Pretty much so. And corporate engineers are pretty much slaves to marketing. Most marketing is run and controlled by kids just out of college.

3 Likes

So we must be kids just out of college to control marketing > corporate engineers > entire corporation? :thinking: It seems that the solution to the problem is close :yum:

1 Like

All the complaining about Phonak’s rechargeable run time may have been behind the recent release of battery Lumities. I think this might be different, though. It sounds like Oticon may have purposely decided to abandon that segment of the market, perhaps because it would have to compete with too many others to be profitable.

1 Like

It seems to me that, on the contrary, Intent should compete with the largest part of the market. But superpower hearing aids and accessories have no such competition. Perhaps Oticon is afraid to compete with Bluetooth LE Audio accessories.

Yes, the Intent is aimed at a larger market, and I think that’s the difference here. A small share of a large market can still be very profitable. But the high-powered aids are a smaller market, and there are already a lot competitors, so it would be a small share of a small market. It’s just a theory, and your petition is still worth a try!

I have seen minor good results! I am a veteran and grt my aids from the Veterans Administration, i also do volunteer work at the VA clinic, and i have met and talked to Oticon’s representative for the VA region that i live in. We have mostly talked about needed firmware and app improvements. I have also mentioned the fact that i believe that the TV adapter and connect clip needs refinements. Has it helped? I really do not know. All audiology practices should have an representative they can talk to, and the best thing i can say is get yourself a really good audiologist that is willing to listen to your needs, then ask that audiologist to make requests to his company representative for the aids.

1 Like

LOL!!! I guess that’s why we still aren’t seeing size 13 battery operated Phonak Lumity Life aids on the market yet? They have the 312, but are not budging on the sentiment of, “THAT’S ALL FOLKS!” as far as accommodating many of us who’d like a 13-battery option, too.

Oh. And FORGET about any claim of “waterproof” for the Life aids. Hermetically sealed “bean” behind the ear requires totally vulnerable speaker in the ear, where water can and does flow right on in.

Thank you! Which platform is more suitable for such petitions? Change.org?

Worth a try, but my Real guess is it’s going to end up in deaf ears, but you will have to be Agil and Act(o) well for it to work, maybe their response will Xceed our expectations :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

My intention is to gather a strong army and break the clay colossus of some corporation :triumph:

3 Likes

Get REAL!!
The MORE you kvetch, the less Oticon will pay to your INTENTions!
If you have the AGILity to be OPN, maybe you stand a chance, one can only hope to convert to PHONAKism.

1 Like

Do you need more than the 105 oticon receiver? I suspect all manufacturers are slowly moving away from dedicated super power aids and will just use their main line with a UP receiver.

2 Likes

Oticon has the edumic and the connect clip, and I feel like they might have a dongle too? But maybe you just use the classic BT in the connect clip. What were you looking for?

1 Like

I looking for table mic and direct connection to any PC and Mac. I know I can buy Edumic + Roger X + any of Phonak Roger mic - but it will be too expensive and inconvenient solution. Now about PC and Mac connection - I have ConnectClip and Sennheiser BTD600 dongle - and the need to store, carry and charge the Connectclip is also inconvenient.

Yes, I need 110 dB receiver as in Oticon Xceed SP. I tried Phonak Naida, and I cannot get used to the Phonak sound.

You can skip the edumic and run the Roger through your telecoil using a Roger MyLink. But yeah, it’s not as nice as direct.

2 Likes

If you could use frequency lowering, do you think you could use the 105? It has a 71 db gain. You could get more modern features if the 105 would be loud enough.

I’ve found with Phonak, the fitting ranges are pretty conservative. I used a power receiver for many years (59 gain) and just recently have the UP receiver (70+ gain) which has plenty of power for my terrible hearing. :laughing: