Phonak Lyric 3?

I saw on the Sonova web site the Phonak Lyric 3 is scheduled for the 1st half of 2014.

Does anybody know if this is a major new release of the Lyric ? All one with just incremental improvement ?

Does anybody have any new information about this?

Thanks

Here the press release about it:

http://www.phonak.com/content/dam/phonak/gc_hq/b2b/en/about_phonak/press_releases/2014/PR_Phonak_AAA_2014_Lyric.pdf

I’m thinking about getting a Mercedes S class to go with the Lyric. What does everybody think ?

Lyric 3 is already in use in select practices.

Updates to the reed switch, patient control and programming wand.

The Lyric 3 is slowly being rolled out this summer. You can read about a dozen or so reviews here.

Is the Lyric3 available at the VA yet?

Hi,
I have been using the Lyric for about 6 months. Do most people get their hearing tested with the Lyric in so that it can be set to the maximum efficiency? It is painful for a couple of days after the audiologist inserts it. Does anyone else have this issue? I went swimming with the wax ear plugs which I think worked, but was still worried about water getting into the ear. Does anyone have experience with swimming and what happens if the Lyric does get wet? I think that the new Lyric is a bit more flexible for programming needs but am not sure that I have the optimal settings yet. My audiologist is excellent, but it seems that she has limited experience with this device.

— Updated —

Hi,
I have been using the Lyric for about 6 months. Do most people get their hearing tested with the Lyric in so that it can be set to the maximum efficiency? It is painful for a couple of days after the audiologist inserts it. Does anyone else have this issue? I went swimming with the wax ear plugs which I think worked, but was still worried about water getting into the ear. Does anyone have experience with swimming and what happens if the Lyric does get wet? I think that the new Lyric is a bit more flexible for programming needs but am not sure that I have the optimal settings yet. My audiologist is excellent, but it seems that she has limited experience with this device.

mdaor,

I would like some info on the lyric. Is this the ones they put down in your ears and what types of loss are they best for if you know. Also, are they very expensive and do you like them. Any other info you have on them would be much appreciated.

momof2+dog

HI,

I have sudden sensory hearing loss in one ear. The cost is $1800 per year for a subscription which entitles you to a new one every three months or more. (I have not needed that many) I am still getting used to it, but I do like the freedom that it gives. No problem exercising, can make it more or less sensitive depending on situation with a touch of a magnet. Can turn it off and use it as an ear plug when someone snoring. There are a few issues however, and I have not spoken with enough people who have experience with it to really understand them. If you decide to go with it, let me know and we can compare notes!

— Updated —

HI,

I have sudden sensory hearing loss in one ear. The cost is $1800 per year for a subscription which entitles you to a new one every three months or more. (I have not needed that many) I am still getting used to it, but I do like the freedom that it gives. No problem exercising, can make it more or less sensitive depending on situation with a touch of a magnet. Can turn it off and use it as an ear plug when someone snoring. There are a few issues however, and I have not spoken with enough people who have experience with it to really understand them. If you decide to go with it, let me know and we can compare notes!

Can the patient remove the Lyric in case or is it necessary to go to the doctor or an emergency room?

There’s a self-removal tool inside the SoundLync volume control keychain device, or you can use a tweezer.

I thought a doctor had to remove them. That would have been a road block for me.

From their FAQ:

Can patients take the Lyric Hearing Device out?

Lyric can be self-removed if necessary. Patients are provided with a removal tool called the SoundLync.

hahaha just get a mercedes S class body kit and put a ford pinto engine in it. That will make them match. lol

Overpriced old technology analogue hearing aids. You are paying for aesthetics, not for quality… just my opinion.

Its absolutely incorrect to state that the lyric is inferior because it is analog. Every other type of hearing aid needs to be digital because of the huge amount of processing required. When the device is put so deeply within the ear there is no need for programs, etc.
there is a reason 94% of Lyric HA users recommend the aid to friends and also why there is greater than 80% who continue to wear the device after their one year subscription is up, if they were so diissatisfied they would not renew.
by almost all accounts the sound quality is on par or better than high end digital BTE devices.

i have been using them for 6 mths and they are far superior to the Phonak BTE high end aid i was using.

They are not for everyone. If you have a flat hearing loss and a mild loss they will work, but my loss is not that simple and they refused to even give me a chance to try them.

I disagree with almost all the Lyric posts/
54 month user+

you hear in my case WAY better than any digital aid I have tried, ITC, BTE,RIE …Starkey Phonak, and SIEMENS plus beltone and the “o” one.

all the digitals do is accent noise as in wind noise, car noise and loud restaurant noise.
User with a brain can remove and reinstall
If you have pain the audi went to deep
I shower every day in them work out walk etc.
I never turn off so I can hear in my sleep like we were made to do
Lyric 3 last on me about 7 weeks
I pay 1500.00 per ear

I have been pushed into a pool and did not have a issue a lady friend swims everyday with a rubber cap on she has no issues either
I can use phone without issue or feedback home phone and cell.

Pro’s
Can be adjusted for volume with a wave of a wand…simple removed with other end of said wand

NO FEEDBACK

I can hear at dinner in a noisy place

I can hear my back seat passengers
I “hear” more naturally, no tinny sounds no sounds coming from odd or unusual angles, NO cutting out to “suppress” noise in a mall, Diner,Bus, or moving boat.

Cons
Price
Every now and again you get a bad one that dies or malfunctions …USUALLY with 72 hours of install
No Tv Bluetooth
Most audis do not have a clue on set up…in my office I had to go through 3 people before I found one that listened and set up profile correctly

What insurances cover Lyric Hearing Aids? I am close to enrolling for my own insurance (getting off my parents) and I was thinking of trying them out. I have moderate to severe hearing loss and I live a sort of haphazard life at work (Irrigation, Rain) and play rafting, mountain biking, rock climbing, wrestling, so Lyric would help me out a lot.