October Release of “New Naida Lumity UK”

I hear, with much excitement… The New Naida Lumity will be released in October this year here in the UK :slight_smile: I got this info less than an hour ago, from the horses mouth, “so to speak”, a senior management audiologist with Phonak, whom I had asked to be kept informed of any new power aid developments… Brilliant News, for us severe/profound users whom have been waiting for the new Naida Lumity, or indeed any new ultra power aid to make an appearance… I wasn’t informed if this was an “Ultra Power” or “Super Power” aid though! We will have to wait and see whatever transpires? Happy Days… Cheers Kev :grin:

7 Likes

Good news. Until then these can keep you busy

3 Likes

LOL @eyesgreendeaf :upside_down_face: At the moment I am inundated with projects, not least of all, a campervan conversion! It is very much a labour of love though :slight_smile: I will pre order a Naida Lumity once it has an official release date, I have saved the cash required for a new set, I feel most fortunate in having the ability to do so… Cheers Kev :grin:

4 Likes

Indeed you are fortunate. In the past I had to use a hearing aid that was not powerful enough for my loss for a few years . Anyways good luck on the new hearing aids. Are you sure there is an UP line?

1 Like

Thank you @eyesgreendeaf … No, I am not sure to be very honest, and I won’t ask, just in case I compromise my source… It could very well be, the “Super Power” aids will be released first, closely followed by the “Ultra Power”? I will wait for the UP’s, if this is the case… Cheers Kev :wink:

1 Like

@kevels55 Is it worth the upgrade?

2 Likes

In response to your question, I would say yes @Baltazard, its worth the upgrade…Any increment of overall clarity in the severe/profound threshold, then it is worth it to me, even if its only a 2% increase, I will gladly pay the price, and I am assuming that price will be around £3.5K for the the Phonak Naida Lumity 90’s, and that’s what I have budgeted for… Cheers Kev :wink:

4 Likes

Yes you’re right. Profound losses crave every percent of gains and you said in the forum you have little hope in getting a CI in your country. Makes every increase worthwhile.

For myself, I’m thinking of going to CI route soon. Especially regarding my pathetic speech perception.

1 Like

Thank you @eyesgreendeaf… I fought with the NHS for several years for a CI, about just over 18 months ago, they did offer me an assessment, gave me 3 months to think about it, but I declined the offer, didn’t fancy the Rehab, also I have underlying health conditions, and I was due to retire, plus I have all my Roger ALD’s… And, yes I would have jumped at the chance 10 years earlier, my lifestyle has altered considerably since retiring, no stress nowadays in having to hear coworkers or clients, and if it is imperative that I have to hear, then I use a Roger device… Cheers Kev :wink:

1 Like

I have to work another 17 years before retiring and I have a 7 year old son to raise. Makes CI route worthwhile for me but I havent fully decided to have a CI. I’m in the process of making sure of the decision.
Anyways, each to their own
Good luck to everyone

1 Like

Good Luck with your decision @eyesgreendeaf, there is a lot to weigh up, in your circumstances, I would be highly likely to go for it, especially with a young son, and 17 years is a long time to struggle, in a highly prejudicial environment like work, hearing folks will never understand, what hearing loss is all about, they can never ever contemplate the problems or the stress we endure… But, in all instances of deafness, we all see things differently, we all think differently, and above all else we all hear different, and that is the bottom line, what is important to you, and your hearing loss, might be insignificant to me, and vice versa… Cheers Kev :wink:

2 Likes

Wonderful news, Kev!

2 Likes

That picture that one person posted here on the forum. It can be seen that there are two versions of BTE, the first and the fifth. The first one is bigger and the fifth one is smaller, so I conclude that there will be UP and SP versions.

The first one does not have a green light, so it will have a replaceable battery, and the second smaller one will be rechargeable. And as for other details, I don’t think it will bring anything new without Audeo Lumity.

614f351768cece1ffd2519194a2e41091133504c_2_690x388

2 Likes

Agreed @birdcountry99… Thank you :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Yeah @markoo355, I saw that image on the other post… Hopefully the larger aid is the Naida Lumity UP 675? Cheers Kev :grin:

3 Likes

Phonak Naida Lumity released in US.

Naida L-PR (rechargable) and Naida L-UP (675 battery)

Product Information ,

4 Likes

What has changed and is it a major change?
Apart from Autosense 5.0 and a big green dot, I can’t see a big change!

Naida Paradise:

Naida Lumity:

2 Likes

Hi @Baltazard, it’s probably a slightly incremental improvement for the better, nothing earth shattering I’m sure, a little better clarity, slightly faster autosense, faster processor, maybe a faster connection speed to the app, improved Bluetooth perhaps, better understanding in noise…But all these things add up to an overall better hearing experience, especially for the severe/profound threshold, any slight improvement in clarity, is a massive improvement for us guys… You have to be within those threshold’s to understand! Cheers Kev :wink:

2 Likes

Here’s an article: Lumity for All: Phonak Extends Its Latest Technology to Naída, CROS, and Pediatric Sky Hearing Aid Models

3 Likes

@Baltazard

I googled the question and it said only major difference between P and L is StereoZoom 2.0 and SpeechSensor in the Lumity.

5 Likes