Widex Moment 330 or 440

Brand new to hearing aids and to this forum. My goal for HRs is to improve hearing in conversations, meetings, occasionally at restaurants, and when watching television. I have a mild to moderate hearing loss and want the easiest HRs (least amount of intervention on my part) that will enable me to reach that goal. Not especially interested in hearing music, sinking with my IPhone, etc.
My highly-recommended audiologist mostly sells Moment 440’s (priced slightly over $7,000) and recommended them for me. A few questions-
Is there a real advantage to the latest model for me? Will the newer technology of the 440’s provide clearer hearing than the 330’s (priced slightly under $6,000) in the situations mentioned above?

@andleft

The 440 would preform better in noise which seems to be one of your needs.

I believe it will also have greater wind noise suppression. I tried a 440 Evoke and then a 330. When I put the 330’s in, the wind noise was really noticeable in comparison so stayed with the 440 which are also excellent for speech in noise.

My Moment 330 HAs cannot suppress wind noise; they were also not very good for hearing face to face conversations at a “cocktail party” situation (conversation but no background music). They are good for 1 to 1 conversation, TV watching and meetings with up to 6 people in a meeting room.

Simply put, these hearing aids will be in your ears all the time. Pretty good reason alone to go all the way in my opinion. This is your hearing, after all. I dont know if the cost difference between the 330 and the 440 will be significant enough to warrant the downgrade. If you are concerned about cost, maybe try a more “affordable” aid for a year then upgrade?

Just looking for what was to say about this comparison in 2022.
Here’s a sheet for that:
Widex comparison pdf

1 Like