UK Hearing Aid Insurance Providers

Are there any recommended hearing aid insurers in the UK for accidental damage, loss, theft and so on or do most users add HAs to their home insurance? Boots offers a three-tier plan ranging from ‘Essentials’ at £36 per aid per year to ‘Premium’ at £96 per aid per year. A quick Google shows a small number of other companies also offering similar insurance or insurance-style warranties. Any advice or shared experience would be very welcome.

Gary

1 Like

I added onto home insurance, £78 a year for 4 individual aids, each pair at £3,800 value & covers all eventualities. In my experience adding to an existing policy is usually cheaper & easier as all combined. Check it’s not already covered-if you have personal belongings cover & each aid is underneath the limit ie £2,000 you may have cover already.

3 Likes

Almost always cheaper to add it to another household policy so that it doesn’t attract its own broker fees and higher risk category.

House contents policies are usually incredibly cheap unless you’ve made a few claims.

3 Likes

Thank you, @tinkyp and @Um_bongo. It was considerably cheaper to add HAs onto my home insurance than to go for a separate policy, so that’s the route I’ve taken.

2 Likes

I added mine onto our home insurance. It was much cheaper than Boots insurance.

1 Like

I have mine on a separate policy with TSB that also includes my bicycles and my phone. Pick and Protect I think it’s called. Any loss doesn’t immediately impact my home insurance (but then they get you under the ‘have you claimed on insurance at any time in the past 5 years’ when you renew.