Tips on making the most of new hearing aids during the trial

Hello,

I have just received my new hearing aids; Moment 330 & 110. I have two weeks as a trial. Do you have any recommendations to experiment them to the fullest in this short time? Accordingly, I can decide that they are worth the high cost I paid or not!

Update on experimenting the aids: I heard the sentence; “He was sleeping while I cook” twice and what I got was; “He was sweeping while I cut”. I was also listening to a video while the prayer call from a close mosque was going on and I struggled to understand anything!
Also, I feel as if the sounds in the left aid are lagging behind.

I would leave aside the cheapest ones as specifically your ears seem to demand more than these could do for you.

Watch your wallet if needed as the sky is the limit.

Try them out in the most difficult situations HA’s have problems with and then see which works best.
Speech in noise, wind, word recognition, loud traffic with and without someone talking to you, loud pop and classic music etc. Go searching for these environments and take your time to evaluate (holidays).

What are your demands on IFTT and BT/ streaming for TV, radio, PC etc. Use of short time rechargeable batteries or longer time exposible ones.

Take your time to evaluate and speak about the problems you experienced with your trusted HA provider.

Wish you luck
Emile

1 Like

You’re missing gain at 3000/4000 Hz to help resolve the L/W and OO/U confusion. It’s hard to know whether this can be fixed for you without knowing the anatomy of your ear. I recently gave a patient with similar loss back those frequencies by moving from their preferred RIC to a BTE with a full silicone earmold. The patient wasn’t happy about the BTE, but they were happy about the return of audibility. I’m waiting to see what emotion wins.

Hearing aids probably cannot make this situation easy for you on their own. With your hearing loss, you’d probably benefit from a tv steamer.

You’re wearing two different hearing aids. But I’m not sure that’s it, can you describe this in a different way?

2 Likes

@Zeeza Are you using Widex Moment 330 for both ears?

What do I need to know about the anatomy of my ears to know what could help me hear better?

I used BTE for my left ear before but the mold didn’t stay in place most of the time. I changed it many times but the same problem persisted.

Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question but couldn’t the streamer help with the laptop as well?

I am hearing a lot of birdsongs right now. It’s as if the sounds reach my right ear first, then the left one! Also, the sounds “sound” different in my left ear as if it’s an echo!!

No, 330 in the right ear while I have 110 in the left one.