Testing Oticon Real 1 - my streaming is 95% of the time MONO

So, I am testing Oticon Real 1.
I’ve tested Phonak and SIGNIA (I am still waiting for custom molds for a final testing with SIGNIA) and Oticon is by far the best fitt.

My only problem is that my right HA keeps disconnecting from the mobile app.
My streaming is mono, I only hear with the left ear.
I HATE IT!

Restarting the hearing aid (using the rocker switch) usually works for me. But I agree that it’s a PITA.

FWIW I have the More1

1 Like

maybe make sure phone settings are not set to mono…maybe phone changing settings on you!..im new…just trying to help…

What phone do you have?

I don’t see one thing that may be useful in debugging your issue - the device that you are streaming from. It seems that many manufacturers seem to think features are more important than ensuring that basic functions work correctly. So it might be useful to know the device specifics (make, model, and operating system version). Also the version of the app.

With my Oticon aids (OPN 1, OPN S 1, More 1, and now Real 1) and an iPhone (now a 12 mini), it seemed to be important to ensure that the aid firmware was up-to-date and that the iPhone software was current. Even then, it was apparent that the phone/app/aid combination was consumer level as reliability was never what one might hope for.

I typically don’t have issues streaming with my Real 1 aids from my iPhone 12 mine (iOS 17.4) but I don’t stream that much other than phone calls. I typically do not use the Oticon app or have it running - I just use the MFi functions included in iOS to control the aids if needed.

I’m old and used to dealing with unreliable computer software on consumer level operating systems. So early each morning I typically charge my phone while backing it up to a computer. After the phone is 95% charged I disconnect it, shut down all iPhone apps and power cycle the phone before putting in my aids. This seems to make things more reliable over the course of the day.

As a first step, I would remove the Oticon app, stop all running apps on your phone, power cycle it, check for any updates (and install them), and then, if you really need it, install the latest version of the Oticon app.

One thing to note - streaming with Bluetooth (or the MFi version of it) is not totally reliable and many things including your body tend to weaken the signal. So making sure there is a clear path between the transmitting device and the aids is useful although that may not always be practical. For example, for phone calls I put my iPhone on a desk centered in front of me and use the phone microphone - that seems to work quite well.

Good luck in figuring out the problem.

Since you are testing them get back to your audiologist fast and get another pair before your trial time is up. Let the audi figure out the problem.

android, Note 9.
i think its android 10?!

just to clarify, the right HA does not disconnect during the streaming. All great
But I exit the streaming, close my phone to do something for a while and if I return to some streaming then all of a sudden, the right one is disconnected