Starkey Genesis 24 audio streaming

I have Starkey Genesis AI 24s and have been wearing them for about 3 months. The difference has been incredible. I’m 44 and these are my first hearing aids.
Here’s the issue I’m running into. I can’t seem to get Tap Control to Start/Stop audio streaming. When I double-tap, I hear the confirmation tone when I double tap, but nothing happens. Tap Control works for other options, like enabling Edge Mode or activating the Assistant, it’s just when I configure one or both sides for Audio Streaming that it doesn’t do anything. My audiologist thinks it’s set up right and said my HA’s were on the latest firmware. I talked to Starkey support and they had me switch which side controlled it, etc, but I never got it to work. Anyone else have this issue?

I could be wrong. My thought is, you are activating a connection to another device, like a remote microphone. Other examples, devices on this page Hearing Aid Accessories | Starkey

I don’t have any devices like that, so I can’t test this idea on my Evolv HAs.

You are 100% correct. I reached out to Starkey support again yesterday and this time the agent woman immediately pointed out that it’s for streaming from Starkey accessories like you stated above vs. the last guy who told me the audiologist misconfigured something.

For me, the confusion lies in the way they refer to everything as “streaming” without being more specific. So, they refer to playing audio from my phone over bluetooth the the phone as streaming and then in the feature description say to tap to start/stop streaming.

1 Like