Some questions to Starkey Genesis mRic R

Hi there

I am testing the Genesis since 2 weeks and I have some questions:

There is a possibility to set a location with a hearing program but I couldn’t get any difference so far, does it work? and how does it works?

How is the expirience with the StarLink Remote Microphone+? How long can it be used until it has to be recharged? How good is the usability? Could it replace a TV Streamer?

And last but not least is there a possibility that Genesis can be upgraded to LE Audio in the near future?

Just a comment on the “upgraded to LE Audio in the near future?”

In my experience, if it’s not in the specifications when you buy an item, it still won’t be there at end of life for that item.

According to this listing. The Genesis and Evolv have the same bluetooth 5.2 Launch Studio - Listing Details

I have Evolv and they don’t do BLE.

I have the Genesis RIC and use the location program. I have it set for my office so when I get to the office or close to it, the program automatically changes to the preferences I made for it. When I leave it also switches but sometimes I get more than a km away before it goes back to my default program. I have the Mic+ but really have not used it much to answer your question plus I have the tv streamer so have never tried it in that capacity.

I have the steamer using optical connection on my tv. I am happy with it but I do not use it that much. You can connect it with regular connection wire but I doubt about the quality. You need to check whether your tv has optical terminal. You have another option I.e. you can buy fire tv cube which will connect you to your tv but not sure about the quality. Order it online for a trial. For the location, I believe you click the Icon with three dots on the program screen and set up the Geo location for that program. Good luck.

1 Like

I do not have GenesisAi and can not test the location setup , but you may need to create a account in the MyStarkey App and Sign in for location services, see the MyStarky App Quick tip

1 Like

If you have an iPhone, you can use live listen and not have to buy the Starkey remote mic. I have both and IME, they perform the same task. AFAIK, Android does not have this feature.

Thanks to all reply.

In fact, I didn’t set the option for exact location on my phone, that’s why it didn’t worked. Now it works almost 100% and it’s a nice option.

I would not buy the Microphone+ for the microphone use I would use them for BT using (TV, PC, Laptop).

Well hopefully the new Oticon Intent will fulfill my desires better :wink:

Anybody knew where to get information from firmware updates? I got 8.4.0 yesterday and would like to know what they have adjusted

Same. I reached out to support via Starkey.com’s online chat option and the result was painfully deficient. I would post my chat here, but I think it would be deeply embarrassing to Starkey’s customer support team.
Here’s what I did find, no thanks to Starkey support:
Starkey Reveals New Rechargeable Hearing Aid, Updates Genesis AI | The Hearing Review
This article is kind of generic, but speaks to 2 main updates: EdgeMode+ enhancement (says it “become automatic when engaged”. I thought it previously was supposed to be continuously scanning and updating based on marketing materials), and what they refer to as “Motion-based optimization.” Sound like this latter one switches the mics into omni mode when walking/running is detected and has better feedback cancellation for when the HAs are bumped putting on glasses, etc.

I also found the following which has a little more detail, but not a lot. I feel like it explains things a bit better. It is translated from French (thank you Google-Translate): https://www-ouiemagazine-net.translate.goog/2024/02/29/genesis-ai-une-triple-mise-a-jour-et-un-nouveau-chargeur/?_x_tr_sl=fr&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=sc

They mention updates to some ProFit features like additional coloring options for the tinnitus masker (I don’t have feedback on any of that since I don’t have the tinnitus masker feature enabled on my pair. I’d love to hear from others if it’s worth having my hearing aid guy turn that on for me (yes, I have tinnitus).

This article also mentions they released an update to the My Starkey app. The most interesting thing I found here was that when you’re streaming now and go into the My Starkey app, you can configure a custom EQ (with your Personal program) that will always be applied when you are streaming (I still wish you had more than 3 EQ bands to adjust). So, even if you were in EdgeMode+, when you start streaming to your HAs, they will stream with your Personal program with whatever custom EQ you set for streaming. They also made some enhancements to the health-tracking features.
Lastly, they apparently announced a new StarLink2.0 premium charger. Supposedly a little smaller than the current premium charger, which has a battery and is conveniently sized to throw in my travel bag compared to the big main charger I have for my night stand. The only downside to the StarLink original or 1.0 or whatever, is that it is easy to bump one of the HAs out of perfect alignment in their charging case. It’s happened to me multiple times. I typically catch it, because I can often hear the misaligned HA make quiet feedback sounds in the case. However, on my first work trip with the StarLink premium charging case, one of my HAs did not charge over night. Thankfully, it wasn’t a big deal since the Genesis AI mRICs have such a great battery. I had worn my HA’s for a full 17 hr day and the next day around noon when I was fiddling with the My Starkey app I saw that the one HA had only 50% batter left. I was able to make it through the whole second day with something like 30% charge left.

StarLink Charger 2.0 is the new charger for Genesis AI mRIC R and RIC RT rechargeable hearing aids

1 Like