Phonak Paradise P90's inbound tomorrow!

Tomorrow (uk), I will receive a pair of Phonak Audeo Paradise P90-13T’s, to supercede my NHS Marvel M70’s (Nathos Nova).

I’ve removed the Roger Licences from the latter, to install in the new ones, but wonder about the MyPhonak app. Will the app operate with two different pairs of hearing aids, or should I “forget the bluetooth LE connections”?

Thanks in advance.

I intend to keep the NHS Marvels as backup, and have a Roger Neckloop, to use my Roger On with them.

Peter

3 Likes

Happy Days @PeterH… Yeah, you just “Forget these Devices” M70’s, in the MyPhonak app, then set up the P90’s, and vice versa, if you need your backups… You can only use one set of aids at a time in the app, unfortunately. Good Luck with the P90’s :grin: Cheers Kev :wink:

3 Likes

I don’t think you will need the neckloop if you can transfer the licenses to the P90, see video below:

The app (as @kevels55 said), will only work with one set of hearing aids.

Good luck

1 Like

I think he was going to keep the neck loop for the M70’s @Baltazard as a backup set, @PeterH has removed the licences from the M70’s, in readiness to install the Roger X receivers into the P90’s, I assume he has the Roger Installer? Cheers Kev :grin:

3 Likes

I bought the Neckloop for the Marvels, then bought Roger X’s. As you say, I’ll transfer the licenses to the Paradise, and just use the Neckloop for the Marvels, as a backup option :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That’s correct, I have the installer :slight_smile:

Thanks all

2 Likes

The installer means it’ll be super easy to install the licenses back to the M70 if needed.

The Neckloop doesn’t provide the same sound.

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yeah Ruth, its super easy with the Roger Installer, but a “Pain in the Proverbial” :rofl: Hence, I have 3 sets of Roger X, for 3 sets of aids, 2 x Type (2) 1 x Type (3), I don’t have to worry, if any of my aids actually fail, I picked the Roger X all up fairly cheap on eBay, apart from one that I bought new via Boots… South Korea for the Roger Installer :wink: Cheers Kev

2 Likes

Oh I mean it’s a lot easier then doing it with the Roger iN according to Phonak.

3 Likes

Agreed Ruth :grin:, perhaps slightly more convenient with the Roger On In, but I chose the less expensive route, that suits my pocket, by shopping around the eBay second hand market, I didn’t pay the premium new prices, as you are no doubt aware, it’s the licenses you require, the actual Roger X, is but a tiny paperweight, and absolutely useless, unless used in conjunction with shoes…For the benefit of other readers, only Roger X receivers with a serial number above 1744, will work with Marvel/Paradise/Lumity aids. Cheers Kev :wink:

1 Like

One installed application can be used for 2 pairs of devices. There is a method to clone the app, so you can have two icons. One for Marvel and the other for Paradise.

I haven’t tested with hearing aids yet, but I’ve used that option for everything else like FB messenger. I use two pairs of hearing aids, but Unitron blu and Phonak Paradise, means two different applications.

@PeterH

3 Likes

Interesting @markoo355… Where there is a will, there is a way :smile: In truth, I rarely ever use the MyPhonak app, if I need to up the volume slightly, I use the rocker switch, and apart from streaming, my aids remain in autosense, I don’t feel the need to tinker with my aids, they work just fine… Thank you for that info though :smile: Cheers Kev :wink:

5 Likes

Arrived today, programmed to my Audiogram and with domes. Slim tips and some customisation will happen soon, and will be needed, as speech recognition not much better.

Having said that, they are replacing Marvel M70, which only have a few differences. At least my Audiologist can spend decent time getting it right (no private Audiologists will look at UK NHS HA’s), and setting up the 4 additional programmes.

He’ll want me to select these programmes, in the appropriate situations, and report back what needs to be changed. I’m initially thinking which situations are most testing for me, will likely go for:
1 - Speech in Noise (the pub - oftenp)
2 - Comfort in Echo (meetings I attend)
3 - Music (I don’t want Autosense interrupting it)

4?
Not sure on which of the following:
Calm Situation
Speech In Loud Noise
Speech in Car
Comfort in Noise

I don’t drive often, and usually alone.
Maybe a programme that would let me hear everything. I’d like a setting where I can hear leaves rustling and dripping taps, without Autosense switching those sounds out. Maybe this is Calm Situation??

Thanks all for the help

1 Like

I had the Speech in Car program for a while, but it didn’t help for me. What I really want is a program that reduces the white noise in the car so I can hear news programs on the radio better. And even music. In Florida, the AC needs to be cranked up which is a lot of noise in addition to engine noise.

1 Like

Can you not stream from your car audio system to you hearings aids?

Car is not new enough!

2 Likes

https://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Car-Receiver/s?k=Bluetooth+Car+Receiver

1 Like

Rather than trying to filter out the white noise, why don’t you try adjusting your aids volume down a little bit which would make the white noise less intrusive and turn the volume up on the radio. I have actually done this and had some success.

3 Likes

Most car aux ports receive signal to play on your car sound system, not provide the audio which would/could be transmitted to the HAs by a transmitter.

WH

1 Like