Phonak P90 Bluetooth to Windows 11

My Phonak P90s work well when Bluetooth paired to a Windows 11 PC. However I have to pair them each time I want to use Bluetooth. I am unable to auto connect.

I am using a TP-Link Bluetooth 5.0 USB Adapter with Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power not selected.
Services.msc Bluetooth Audio Gateway Service - Automatic
Bluetooth Support Service - Automatic

Has anybody found a way around this problem?

I wonder what other devices might be connected. Phones, tablets, etc. The HAs will connect to two (pair to 8) but will not reconnect to a device if two devices already have a connection. No easy way I know of to tell if that tablet or whatever has grabbed a connection without going in and checking it in the tablet or whatever.

WH

1 Like

Thanks for your suggestion. The only BT devices connected to the HAs is one mobile phone and a TV connecter, which I don’t think counts as it is BTLE.

I spent the morning trying to get it to connect after a PC restart without success. Needed to pair after each attempt. Stopped for lunch and tried again and it has connected on power up straight away. Restarted and it connected again. Time will tell if it fixed for good.

In Settings, Bluetooth & devices > Devices
I have this checked:

I have no idea if it makes a difference but my KS10s automatically connect to my computer using cheap “Broadcom BCM20202 Bluetooth 4.0 USB Device”
Sometimes, if I have been out of Bluetooth range for some time, pressing either hearing aid button reconnects the computer immediately.

The TV Connector isn’t BTLE, it uses a proprietary protocol. You don’t have a limit on how many HAs could connect to your connector, and that would never work for a BT protocol.

WH

I have tested several Bluetooth transmitters as they are hooked up to my TV (its analog audio output). This is probably similar to having a setup with a PC. In all cases I need to cycle those devices on/off before they will connect to my Phonaks. Somewhat annoyingly, while these transmitters sometimes come with an IR remote, none of these allow switching the transmitters on. I never need to re-pair, though.

@John_G
I’ve been having a similar problem with my KS10’s, Dell XPS laptop & Windows 10, except I usually need to connect (not pair) them if the computer has been sleeping for more than an hour or two

@member6
You inspired me to check my settings. I found and turned on “Allow Bluetooth …” Hopefully that will take care of an annoying problem’

I have always said that Windows 11 should be named, “Settings-R-Us” because of the number of various settings. But, I think it handles Bluetooth better than Windows 10.

I have Phonak K10s. Until my iPhone got it’s new version, my aids connected to BT automatically and stayed connected. Now that doesn’t happen. What the audi told me to try is going into the app then waiting for the connection ok notice then look at BT, aids should be connected then. Tried and it worked. If I don’t use the app first, then I have to manually connect the aids to BT.