Phonak Lumity Life Induction Chargers NEED SW update!

I’d read a sentence on one of the threads here about the charging base for my new Lumity Life aids needing a SW update? I was like, HUH? Never heard of that before.

But indeed - it’s THE TRUTH! So if you have Phonak Lumity Life aid (waterproof NOT!) with induction Phonak Go charging base, get in to see your audi for the update. Be sure to bring the charging base AND it’s power cord.

I was at my audi’s yesterday to pick up a pair of aids just back from repair, and asked if she’d heard anything about the SW update needed on the base? NOPE! Not a peep from Phonak. So I shared the news and she said, “I’m going to have to get on that Hearing Forum to find out what’s going ON!”

Luckily, I’d brought BOTH of my redundant charging bases for the update. First one plugged in for update FRIED. Mystified, she called Phonak and a new one will be sent to me. Second charging base updated A-OK as far as we could tell. So that was good, cuz that was the base that my first pair of aids sat in, and over time, they were giving me fewer hours/day of use.

Got home with my dead charging base (solid RED light on inside the box) and thought … maybe I could just “reset” the unit? So I found a Youtube video that easily shows HOW to do this HERE. Note: you have to do it while the base is PLUGGED IN.

I performed the reset, and VOILA! My base seems to have come back to life, so I’ve got a pair of aids in it charging up right now.

Funny aside: As I was driving away from the audi’s with my “fixed” pair of Lumity Life aids, the phone rang. Couldn’t answer it cuz my aids couldn’t connect with BT. I pulled over and did some basic tests: aids’ button would not change program, turn aids OFF/ON or increase/decrease volume. In short: the button was DEAD and the aids were still ON and screaming at 110 dB in my hands! I hung a U-turn went right back to the audi’s, aids SHRIEKING for all the world to run for cover. Handed them to the receptionist who told me I could wait an hour or so till audi could see me? I said, “These aids have to be shut off now! They’re like a Maserati running at 200 mph non-stop! They’ll burn out!” So she had to walk 'em back for the solution.

Turns out my audi had forgotten to “disconnect” them from her computer. WEIRDLY, the aids were still “connected” a few miles from the clinic. Don’t even ask me what Twilight Zone I beamed in from. It was the first time that’d happened to me.

2 Likes

OMG! You have me laughing so hard. Ithought only thing like that happened to me!

So did this fix the button issue too?

What does the update do or prevent the charger from doing?

Is this the cure for the KS10 charging issue? :rofl:

What do you mean waterproof not? Then if they’re not waterproof, we have defective aids, class action for mis-advertising that they are waterproof? Okay, did you do, how do you know this? :thinking: