Phonak FM Question

Sometimes I use my old Phonak Easylink FM transmitter to connect to the MLxi receiver on my Compilot. I like this but the sound is mono only, not stereo. (Both ears get the same sound; no left and right channels)
Does anyone know if this is a limitation of the transmitter or of the receiver, and any tips on how to get FM in stereo.

I guess this was a silly question then?

No not at all, it’s not something I know about, but the older tech FM being mono is built-in
(Something about broadcasting in narrow band)if you want stereo you would normally go to the newer version FM, but…the compilot ll is stereo, but I guess it’s still mono by having the MLxi plugin and the original transmitter broadcasting in mono.
I noticed on the Phonak website for the compilot ll it said stereo, they didn’t say anything about mono when using FM through the compilot ll.

@tenkan Thanks. The Compilot does indeed operate in stereo when streaming from the input jack or streaming Bluetooth. I guess the MLxi and Easylink are just not capable of it then.

Our church broadcasts in FM and provides receivers for use in services. I thought I would bypass their receiver and use my MLxi with Compilot. I got the MLxi tuned to the correct channel but what I received was “broken up” and sometimes garbled. I assume this is again a limitation of the MLxi receiver.

Yes I think this is probably correct unfortunately.

1 Like