Phonak App Issues

Do wearers of Phonak aids have to have the app installed to be able to hook your aids to the phone?
I’m getting tired that everytime I set my aids up the way I want in the app, as soon as a notification pops up it changes my setting. Example, I set it to Calm, I get a notification for my blood sugar levels , it goes to something like Bluetooth and Mix and then goes back to Automatic setting.
I’ve contacted phonak about this and they tell me to turn off my phone’s notifications!

So I guess my hearing is more important than my blood sugar levels??

So, do I need the app installed to use them or can they connect to my phone without the app?

Yes having the same problem. I too notice if I answer a call or get notification of a text it seems to stay on Bluetooth & streaming and as I have set up a program with “Clarity” increased it becomes a problem.
If I close the app it reverts to automatic.

1 Like

Connecting your phone to the aids doesn’t require the app at all. Not sure that the aids will return to the program that you were in before the notification came in, however. May still return to automatic. Disconnect the LE connections to test it.

WH

1 Like