Oticon Own Hearing Aids

I just purchased an Oticon Own IIC and they are absolutely great. However one drawback is that I have to change the batteries 3 times a week. The bigger issue is that it’s annoying constantly doing it, also I am afraid the power will go out when I am in the middle of something. In the past I had the CIC Phonak Virto (Titanium) and I would replace the batter 2x a week, furthermore it probably would go 5.5 days instead of 3.5 days, but I liked being proactive. I never had to worry with losing power because I would always be way ahead of the game. But with the Oticon Own, I miss a day of replacing it and it will go out of power as some point. I would have to replace it 4 or 5x a week to be peo-active about it. That is not feasible. Why do these hearing aids require so much battery power? Is there any solutions to alleviate this? I appreciate any input I can get on this.

Are you streaming a lot i.e. lots of phone calls or listening to music all streamed to your aids? Heavy battery usage is usually due to apps that are running continuously in addition to your normal hearing assistance.

If I understand correctly you could just replace the battery every other day and you’d have it covered. If you’re streaming much that is a big battery drain. It’s possible there may be something wrong with the hearing aids. You could ask hearing aid provider if other customers report similar issues.

If you are not streaming then you might save some juice by having the bluetooth things you are paired-to turned off (or their bluetooth turned off). I have these aids too (but I hate them), and I find that with my phone bluetooth off I get more life out of my aids.

I don’t have blue tooth in these hearing aids, please note, they are IIC and these are too small to have a blue tooth, so no streaming.

I had the Oticon Own HA, the largest size for my poor hearing. I took them back to KP after two weeks of use. Did not see any improvement over my Oticon Siya. Will see another tech later this month to try something else.

I have similar experience. Since I am a new hearing aid use, thought I was doing something “wrong.”

I’m trialing the Own IIC right now and have also tried the CIC. Both are the dumbest kinds possible with all extra features turned off. My settings were also practically the lowest gain possible. On both, I have to change the batteries every 3 days but I do wear up to 16hrs/day.

Thanks for clarifying that. I guess it is what it is with battery use, otherwise a great hearing aid.