Oticon ON App and iPhone battery usage

You may want to rethink using the Oticon ON app until after it is updated. It seems that on my IPhone that the ON app is my heaviest battery user. At over 30% per day of the total battery.

I just don’t use the ON app at all. I just use the buttons on my OPN to change programs and volume. Much faster that way than having to grab the phone, open the ON app, wait for it to connect, then change program or volume.

Now that you’re saying it seems to be a battery hog on your phone, the more reason for me to keep it unused.

I don’t have a problem button on my hearing aids, Custom ITE.

I figured out my issue, I disabled the ON app from doing background refresh

Why do you use abbreviations for this equipment?it’s irritating because I’m new to this and would appreciate knowing what some of them are!!!

Seriously! in three short messages these were used:
ON App, OPN, ITE
what does this stand for???!

Welcome to the forum. People are very helpful here. It’s a great place to be if you have hearing problems, or suspect that you do.

If you spend time here, you’ll quickly learn the common terms. A web search for, say, “ite hearing aid” or “opn hearing aid” will tell you what they mean. “on hearing aid” won’t help so much. It’s an obsolete app from Oticon. By the way, neither OPN nor ON are abbreviations.

• The Oticon ON App is an smartphone application for hearing aids. The ON App were available for iOS (Apple) and Android smartphones , search for Oticon in the app store. Btw: On App is outdated and replaced by Oticon Companion App.

• OPN / OPN S are hearing aid models from Oticon. Use the search feature ( klick the symbol “magnifying glass”) on top of Hearing Tracker website for more information.
    Oticon OPN were released 2016
    Oticon OPN S were released 2019

ITE = in the ear heaing aid ( perform a web search for more information about hearing aid form factors )

Hearing aids are available in many different sizes and styles
th-4017614086

2 Likes

Yes it can be but it is the description that Oticon gives to their products

You’ll get used to them very quickly, but uncle Google has been known to be helpful.

2 Likes