Oticon Companion app not connecting to hearing aid

The Oticon Companion had been functioning okay then it suddenly will not connect to my Left HA even though there is sound when I put my hand to it. The connection to the Right HA is okay.
What might be the cause of this problem?

Disable the Bluetooth on the phone then re-enable the Bluetooth and check the connection of your aids to your phone then the app. The other possibilities is to restart the aids or restart the phone, or close the app and reopen it.

1 Like

So far, no workable solutions. I have an appointment with my Audiolist on 10/17/2023.
Will let you know how she solved the problem.

It will be interesting see most audiologists don’t even no much about the apps.
The most likely possibility will be to clear all Bluetooth connections from the aids. Then pairing your aids to all of your devices again.

1 Like

I’ve noticed the latest version of the app, 1.2.2 seems to have more issues in this area than the previous version did. Perhaps it was automatically updated by your phone?

Often the problem is not actually the connection but the app’s display. Assuming you have an iPhone, check Settings | Accessibility | Hearing Devices to see if the phone is actually connected to both aids.

If the aids are connected in Settings, usually things get cleared by just tapping one of the icons on the bottom (‘Sound’ or ‘Hearing Aids’) and back.

Sometimes turning off Bluetooth and/or the aids is required. But that is rare for me.

I had a glitch in mine recently and ended up deleting the app and then reinstalling it. Everything working fine again now.

1 Like

The newest version of the companion app version 1.2.2 seems the be very stable on my Samsung Galaxy S23 phone but on the occasional use on my iPad it is very unstable. My ipad is a generation 9 do it isn’t new nor that old.

General advice for connectivity issues with the app:
Make sure your phone is up to date software wise
Uninstall the app, remove your Bluetooth/MFI pairings
Reboot the phone
Repair in the Bluetooth/MFI
Install the app and pair in the app

With Oticon the receiver wires house the antenna so if you consistently have one aid with connectivity issues it could be that the receiver wire needs replacing

3 Likes

Thanks for replies.
I uninstalled the APP then when through the long & tedious process for installing it.
Now it is okay.

2 Likes

Why do you think it is a long and tedious process to install the app? I do it normally in less than 2 minutes, from the download to having my aids fully connected.

4 Likes

I was probably done within 2 minutes.

1 Like

I installed the Companion app and then deleted the Oticon On app, and was having bluetooth problems. Then I uninstalled and reinstalled the Companion app and the bluetooth on my Oticon Real 1 hearing aids has been perfect since then, no problems.

1 Like

Guys, some of us are elderly and not too computer savvy.In fact I would guess quite
a few of us might fit in that group The operating program is the fault of Oticon and they
should fix it not make us screw around and do their work for them.Not every senior
has the chops to fix what is a buggy program in the first place.

1 Like

I’m sure you were done in two minutes.But that would not apply to all of us.For the
money we all pay for hearing aids we should not have to keep reloading programs
constantly.

I am 76 years old and yes i am a retired IT professional, but I really don’t understand why so many depend on the app in the first place. If you have the iPhone it can do almost everything the app does natively. I have an android phone that doesn’t have the iPhone control panel and i still don’t use the app much at all. My aids stay connected to the phone, but not the spp. Which to me doesn’t matter as my phone still streams without the app.
I have a severe hearing loss do i depend on streaming calls and even notifications to my aids. But i don’t have but the default program so i see no need for the app.

I really only use the app because I have it as a complication on my IWatch. This last week the app got real wonky again. So, I just deleted it and reinstalled. Working normally again. I plrobably have more problems with it than many but that is probably because I am always running beta software. But, my standby is always using the phone instead of any app.

1 Like

Part of my problem for reloading the program was that I could not find any instructions
that were complete on how to do this.Not on the Oticon website, not on you tube and not
on the internet itself.I am very capable of reloading the program if I have clear instructions
on how to do this.Which were lacking at the time.So , if anybody has said instructions,
let me know how to find them.Also, I would like to say that this is a problem of the computer
business in general.Programs are almost always released with known bugs which are
not fixed before the release Then it is up to the poor user to complain.And this seems
to be OK. with everyone.And then they are never fixed quickly.

@cvkemp I agree. I see so many complaints about the app and I am genuinely curious as to what everyone is using the app for. I don’t have any problems, but on the other hand I rarely try to use it. The only thing I use it for is to turn on Soundbooster, and only use that in specific situations, and that is very infrequent.

1 Like

I use the app to stream TV from my box and it is very important to me. I had virtually no problems with the older program (ON?)

It depends on what phone you haclve, iPhone or Android.
I have both the More1 and Real1 aids, i have the Samsung Galaxy S23 Android phone. I seldom use the companion app even though my aids have P1 general, P2 MyMusic, P3 Lecture, P4 t-coils, TV adapter, and remote Mix programs. I do have the connect clip, and remote control with my aids. Android phones don’t have the control panel like the iPhone does so i depend on the rocker control on my aids, the control from the connect clip or the remote control. Yes i have TV adapters to stream the TVs to my aids. But I very seldom have to make adjustments to my aids or the streaming volume from the TV.
If you have the iPhone i hape your aids stay connected to the phone because the iPhone control panel also controls your aids.
I left iPhone because the iPhone kept losing losing connection to my aidswhen i neeced to stream a phone call. With my Android phone i never miss calls because of dropped connect but the app does lose connection most specifically when connecting to the TV adapter.