Looking to purchase a Roger X 03 receiver

I need one additional Roger X type 03 receiver for my Costco KS10. They are incredibly expensive and I’ve missed out on a couple of chances to buy them on Ebay. Any suggestions? Is anyone selling one? Anywhere I could look for a reasonable price?

I see you’re in Canada, so that might change things. But at least in the US, buying a physical receiver and then transferring its license to a Paradise/KS10 is often not the easiest or cheapest way to use a Roger device. If you can tell us a bit more about what you’re trying to do, what devices you want to use, whether you already have them, etc., people can probably suggest better options.

Sure. I have already purchased the Roger On V2. I tried to purchase the ‘IN’ version, but it’s not available in Canada.

The approach I then took was to get two Roger X 03 receivers, then get them transferred into my KS10’s via the Roger Installer. I managed to get one 03 receiver installed in my right aid, but need a second receiver for my left aid.

If you’ve already got all of that stuff, and the only thing you still need is the one receiver, then yeah, that’s probably not going to cost any more than any other option. You can often get used iN devices on ebay for $300 or less that either have licenses still in them, or can get more licenses via the Roger Upgrader. That might have been cheaper at the outset, and is still an option if you can’t find a cheaper receiver. At least then you’ve also got the extra device.

Thanks. I’ve heard about the Roger upgrader and licenses. Just a matter now of how to get them from a Roger In device into my KS10 hearing aid.

Question - I’ve just got the roger upgrader - but how would I go about getting more licenses via the upgrader?

It took me a while to get the necessary Roger Xs for both my pairs. Ebay was my chosen route. Things to remember:

1. Make sure the serial number is above 1744
  2. Try to ensure the license is still in it
  3. A type 2 works just as well, and you can mix them.

Peter

1 Like

I believe you need a Roger iN device to do that. There’s a recent thread where people discussed the possibility of using the Upgrader to get an additional license and transfer it to an empty receiver via the Installer, but I don’t think anyone managed to do it. If that was possible, though, you could just do it with the receiver you’ve already got.

@kevels55 does that sound familiar at all?

If you manage to obtain a empty Roger On iN or Roger select IN (without receiver licenses in the microphone) you can get additional licenses in the microphone by connecting it to PC with Roger Upgrader , and then you can transfer the new licenses from the microphone to your KS10.

2 Likes

@Zebras may have discussed this

Yeah @CombatWombat, I got 5 sets of licenses (but only 9 in total, should have been 10) I lost 1 license somehow, using the Roger Upgrader, I installed a Roger X license in my grandson’s single aid, thinking when I upgraded again, it would add 1 single license, it didn’t, it added 2, the other license disappeared into the ether… Cheers Kev :wink:

1 Like

Thanks to all - this seems to be starting to make sense now. I didn’t realize that a Roger On In or Select In could do the transfer back and forth to the HA’s without additional hardware. In Canada, for some reason, we can’t purchase the Roger On In V2 - hence I purchased the Roger On V2 and had to (somehow) acquire the licenses another way. So far I’ve acquired a license in my right HA and got a Roger Installer. I think my next approach will be to keep checking ebay, here for a Roger X with the SN > 1744, or maybe get a Select in with the licenses in them. Whichever approach is cheaper.

Sorry - one more question if I could - I can’t find any instructions on how to transfer licenses from and back into the select in. Can anyone help me?

Thanks

Here you go!

A Select iN with no licenses should also work here as long as it comes with the base unit, and will probably be cheaper. You can add more licenses via the Roger Upgrader. Actually, I’m not sure if you need the base unit for that or not - I’ve never tried to use the Upgrader by plugging it in directly.

Just curious: Can you purchase other iN devices through normal channels in Canada? I’m just trying to figure out the rationale behind making the On v2 iN unavailable.

I’ve searched and haven’t found any online store that sells the Roger on in v2 in canada. Not sure of the reason why. I’ve heard about getting ‘free licenses via the upgrader’ seems odd that phonak would just let you do that. I’ll do some more research, but if the price difference between the 1 license and 0 license select in is small, I’d rather be safe . But thanks tons for clearing things up for me.

Could someone point me at the discussion on free licences through the upgrader? I have an In. I also have one pair of licences but it’s a PITA to transfer them between my two pairs of aids. Be great if I could have active licences in both.

@Zebras do you have a guide / thread?

@threluja Transfer Phonak Roger X receivers between hearing aids - #31 by Zebras

1 Like

Thanks @Zebras for the guide

@firenzel and @raylock1 for the pointer.

All sorted, licences in both set of aids and two backup, nice.

1 Like