Is it safe to use disposable hearing aid batteries after expiry date?

As the title, I wonder if it is safe to use disposable hearing aids batteries after their expiry date?
And for how long can you still use them after their expiry date?

I’ve got a box of 60x 675 batteries that expired in Sep 2023, so not sure if I can safely use them or discard them?
As it seems difficult to find disposable batteries with long shelf life at the moment, my last brand new 675 I’ve got last month (puretone.net) will expire in March 2025, way shorter than the standard 4 years shelf life.

Thx

1 Like

Yes you can use them safely. They may not last as long as expected or you might get a dud, but they are safe to use. Source: Do Hearing Aid Batteries Expire and Can You Still Use It – Hearing Insider

6 Likes

MDB is right. I just found some 312 batteries that had a use by date of 10 years ago. I put one and it worked just fine. I don’t expect them to last as long as new stock but being the conservative type, I plan to use them up and won’t worry about the old date.

2 Likes

Double check there’s no chalk or sugary substance on the batteries. Seeing those usually means the battery is leaking.

Expired batteries are safe to use, however they may not last long.

3 Likes

I’ve been using 312 batteries that I received in 2017, with expiration dates in 2020 and 2021. They still work fine and I get full duration (5-7 days) out of them. I have a LOT of these, so will use them up before I start on the Costco batteries I got last month with my new Philips aids.

4 Likes