iOS or Android for Widex Moment Sheer? Any accessories?

Anyone with a strong opinion on whether the Widex Moment Sheer works better with iOS or Android? I have late model Apple and Samsung phones, so have a choice. I sort of recall that Widex seemed more iOS friendly early on, but am under the impression that has changed? Does this matter to the tech when they set up the aids? And does it matter as far as remote tuning capabilities–you have to use a dedicated device to tune these hearing aids and the (online) retailer is going to provide one initially.
I am contemplating getting the remote so I don’t have to pull my phone out to adjust volume. But have spent a small fortune on them in the past for my husband and he never uses them. Not sure it is worth it. I understand I need an accessory to do hands free calling, but not sure I will bother with that.

I recommend trialling with the Apple iOS Moment app first. I use this app with my 2020 Widex Moment HAs and connectivity betwen the app and my HAs is first class - quick reliable connection all the time with no dropouts.
I initially had connection problems because both my iPhone and my iPad were running the app so the HAs got confused as to which one to connect too. Once I deleted the app off my iPad everthing was fine. So my advice is to have only one instance of the app installed on one phone at a time.

2 Likes