Hearing aids to be donated to Indonesian children

Goodmorning
Hi, my name is febri, my Nickname is andreanBoea.
I am a deaf person due to sudden deafness in 2016. at that time I was very difficult to find hearing aids for me personally, because the price of hearing aids are expensive in indonesia , in this trouble I met friends who sell hearing aids at very cheap prices. then when I had 2 hearing aids and I tried to donate them to others, it turned out that the hearing center here did not want to help reprogram the hearing aids , and that was the origin of me learning how to assemble hearing aids myself, with the help of the first friend from the UK. I bought a programming tool, and I succeeded with it .

for these 5. reasons

1. the price of expensive hearing aids
  2. Hearing center that does not want to help program the tools purchased from abroad
  3. the feeling I once felt when looking for a hearing aid for personal, because it is expensive.
  4. desire to help
  5. and I can program a hearing aid

that’s why I started buying hearing aids on ebay, but when my initial donation opened, I worked alone, it made it difficult for me to buy back hearing aids to donate again.

and just then God gave me a friend and this friend gave me some hearing aids to donate

and yesterday a friend here has also helped and donated some hearing aids for children. dan advised me to open a hearing aid donation drive in this forum , and I think that’s a good idea.

( I don’t know the exact wording)
Would you like to help me , to join together to help deaf children in indonesia ,?? so that friends in this forum, if you have unused hearing aids, maybe you can donate them to Indonesian children who need them. I blindly hand to be his mediator .

here are some photos that are still i saved . but cannot be uploaded all of them. as a reference for my work. ( there is a video in the screenshot. )

BEST REGARDS
BOEA

2 Likes

these are some additional photos. which I can still find. there are some recipients of donations that I did not ask for their info ( because sometimes I feel I do not have to know about how they received my donated hearing aids at that time )

best regard
Boea

2 Likes

Perhaps @AbramBaileyAuD could make this a sticky or a new section altogether? Or maybe Abram could facilitate an address in the USA so any donated unused hearing aids could be forwarded to @andreanboea… This is exactly what this community forum should, and could connect too, it is a wonderful project, and indeed an excellent advert for this community in the spirit of helping some needy HOH Children in Indonesia… Your thoughts would be very much appreciated Abram, my apologies for putting you in the spot! I am sure Boea would be extremely grateful for any help/assistance you could give for these Children… Thank you in anticipation :grin: Cheers Kev :wink:

5 Likes

thanks kev.
You were the first to reply. I became hopeful for this.
thank you for helping
regards
Boea

2 Likes

If vetted, I’m sure it would get old hearing aid donations (I have some myself) and perhaps cash donations.

2 Likes

Yeah @LawyerFL , It is Legit! I have been in contact with Boea for several months, it is wonderful work he is doing with these children, on a shoestring budget, I sent him some aids via his friend in Wales, along with iCube 1 & 2 as he needed these to program older aids, I am sure any contributions of aids or indeed money, would go a long way to helping these children… Thank you for your post. Cheers Kev :grin:

3 Likes

thank you for replying to this post. it would be great if you could help, by giving or donating your old hearing aids that are no longer in use . any hearing aid, it will be very meaningful and helpful

special thanks to @kevels55

#I apologize, for my bad English.

4 Likes

Where should we send donated hearing aids?

2 Likes

Good Morning.
I will send the address in a private message.

thank you

best regards
Boea

2 Likes

I uploaded a video. because I’m not a creative person in this

3 Likes
3 Likes

I believe many donated hearing aids end up on eBay where a seller makes a profit. I wish the people living in poverty that need hearing luck in obtaining them. I would only donate my hearing aid to someone that I personally knew that needed them. When I could not afford new hearing aids, I bought 2nd hand ones on eBay.

1 Like

how to help others, is our own choice. but thinking about other people is a reflection of disbelief , but it’s natural. and I understand that very well.

that’s why I focus on the kids. and this hearing aid can never be in service and sold in indonesia.

1 Like

Please show us the proof of this ridiculous statement.

2 Likes

Thank you for the input @elminero … I think it’s entirely up to the the individual whether to donate their aids or not. I feel strongly that @andreanboea, is doing wonderful work here, I have been conversing via PM’s over many months, and I am convinced he is the genuine article, I believe he is one of life’s good guys, and as such he deserves much credit/praise in a very challenging, and difficult financial climate in Indonesia :indonesia:… I have sent him aids, and programming devices, and without fear or favour, I will do so again, these poor children deserve a chance to hear better, there are millions of sets of aids worldwide, lying in drawers, never to see the light of day again, their value/worth is probably insignificant, (they are older aids) in comparison to what they are worth to these children, and these are families that can’t afford hearing aids for their children… Boea never asked me for anything, he wanted to buy an iCube 2, I bought from @Zebras on here, I sent him that, and other stuff, aids I had spare, batteries, tubing, and he was extremely grateful… I then suggested he might ask for donated aids on this site, I personally think it’s something we can rally round, for the collective good of this forum, it has a feel good factor, knowing your aids that lay redundant for perhaps years, in some drawer, where now working, and helping some poor child on the other side of the world, it’s all good Karma… Cheers Kev :wink:

4 Likes

hi tenka

I beg you to stay away from conflicts and argue about less useful things.

because I am now a beggar. I have to accept the opinions of others here. and that’s their opinion.

Tenkan. please help me by selling hearing aid SP or UP very cheap, it has been very helpful

have a nice day

3 Likes

There is no conflict Boea… You are doing absolutely wonderful work! Keep fighting the good fight, think of the delight you give to these kids, the gift of hearing… Cheers Kev :wink:

3 Likes

thanks kev.

regards
Boea

1 Like

Hi @andreanboea, don’t worry I’m not in conflict, but its important that people understand the good work you are trying to do, its extremely unhelpful for negative feedback and misinformation about this, plant a seed and watch if grow, nip it in the bud as we like to say.
Of course there’s plenty of aids available for donation and I’m sure you’ll see this happening here.

Check your PM.

Cheers

3 Likes

Hi @andreanboea, Keep up the good work. All the best!

2 Likes