Hearing aids digital pianos

I wear resound omnias with moderate to heavy loss. I gradually quit playing piano as my hearing deteriorted. After about 20 years, at age 76, I am trying to resume. I have a very nice baby grand piano that I am considering selling for a digital piano. The piano is really too large for my current home and it often overwhelms my hearing aids. I am considering a digital piano and am interested in your experiences. One of my thoughts was using the resound tv receiver with a digital piano. My hearing is poor enought that headphones are not a good option. Has anyone tried this. If so, any success? Also, I could purchase a slab piano like a Yamaha 525 which has the right connections. Sorry for rambling. Thanks, Pam

2 Likes

Certainly not a bad idea, getting the Yamaha sounds the better option, nothing wrong with a bit of quality.

While using your HAs? Should be an option to consider, maybe on ear type and not so much the over ear type, which can get feedback issues for the severe profound users, lastly not to forget that there’s a dedicated music program available with the Omina, do you use the the ReSound App.

1 Like

Yes, I do use the app. I don’t see a lot of difference between the all-around setting and the music setting. I really am interested in the streaming possibility to give some relief to my husband, dog, and cats.

2 Likes

Yeah that says a bit of adjustments needed, you do have a 3 band equalizer in the App to try and help with this,but sure the tv streamer is a good enough option, hopefully it sounds ok with music, but again you do have the equaliser to help, but if you go the Yamaha that’s got a ton of adjustments/sound effects you could make!

Ha ha, yeah I understand that, we have to use the “man cave” or I’ll start all the neighbourhood dogs howling!

1 Like

I use my Resound multi-mic for this and it works great.

1 Like

I also use this, a fantastic little device, I like that I can take it just about anywhere, very versatile unit.

have you used it with a digital piano?

No not at all, 3.5mm headphone jack is something you could use as well, otherwise you can stream directly to your HAs, but doing this everyone else still hears you playing as well.

Yes, I plug a headphone jack into both devices. My cheap digital piano does not have built-in Bluetooth.