Haptic-Feedback Sound Perception Necklace for Deaf & Hard of Hearing: Join the Design Journey with Audic

Hi everyone,

Imagine feeling vibrations on your neck, telling you about the world around you. Not just footsteps or alarms, but laughter, music, even someone saying your name. This is the vision behind Audic, a new wearable device I am developing for the deaf and hard of hearing community – and it’s designed to be as beautiful as it is empowering.

But here’s the thing: this isn’t just my vision. It’s yours, too. Your unique experiences, challenges, and desires are what will shape Audic into something truly impactful. That’s why I’m reaching out to you today.

I’m not just looking for feedback; I’m inviting you to join me in co- creating the future of sound perception. Whether you’re deaf, hard of hearing, deaf-cultured, or bicultured, your voice matters. Tell me what you want, what you need, and what you dream of feeling through your skin.

Audic is more than just technology. It’s a statement of inclusivity, designed to break down barriers and celebrate your vibrant identities. Picture this: a sleek, customizable necklace that subtly complements your style while subtly enhancing your connection to the world around you. Imagine feeling confident navigating social situations, the rhythm of music pulsing against your skin, and even the subtlest sounds around you. Audic wants to make that a reality, without compromising on your unique style and persona.

So, are you ready to help me build something extraordinary? I’m eager to hear your thoughts, answer your questions, and learn from your invaluable perspectives. Let’s chat – shoot me an email at nick@necardi.au or join the conversation in the comments below.
Together, we can make sound an experience, not a limitation.

Sincerely,

Nick Hardy
Director & Founder, NECARDI & Audic

LinkedIn Profile

1 Like