Frozen Oticon TV Adapter 3.0

My Oticon Adapter 3 seems to have got ‘frozen’. When I power on a continuous green light comes on beneath the power icon but after that nothing happens. Connecting to a audio source (optical or rca) has no effect and no pairing of aids is possible. The reset button after 5 seconds results in the green light flashing red and then it returns to a static green. Does it look like this device is doomed or is there something I have completely missed.

Below is a list of conditions for the Power and TV indicators. It says that if it has a fault condition, the Power light should be blinking red. But if your device is solid green, which indicates that it should be streaming. The question is what about the TV light? Is it green or blue or blinking red? Or is it showing no light at all?

Did you actually verify, at least with the RCA signal, that you can hear audio from the RCA source output? You may have to plug into another audio amplifier, or if it’s coming from a headphones mini-plug, did you verify that you can hear audio if you actually plug a pair of headphones into it instead?

Thanks for that info/advice. Firstly the TV light has never come on at any time. Secondly the power light is constant green except after pressing the reset button for five seconds when it the flashes red for a few moments and then goes back to solid green.
There is no rca output available, the Denon doesn’t have either that or optical out (cheapskates!) so I can’t verify rca. However, I have tried headphones on the receiver output and they work, but when I put the adapter link into that source there is no change, i.e. no evidence of a signal. The same also occurs on the TV headphone out, phones work but nothing happens on the adapter.
I fear that there is something wrong with the input side of the adapter but not planning on opening the device, too much hassle. Thanks for support, Frank

Hm, OK. Based on your detailed reply, I’m inclined to think that the device has stopped working, too, especially if you never get any light out of the TV indicator.

Yep looks like a replacement is this year’ Christmas present. Thanks for your input again.

If you already have a ConnectClip as well, investigate to see if your TV has Bluetooth support or not. If it does, you can probably route the TV’s audio through Bluetooth to your ConnectClip instead of buying another TV Adapter replacement. Or if your TV has BT support and you don’t have the ConnectClip, that’d be another option to consider instead of buying a TV Adapter replacement.

Thanks Volusiano, sadly TV won’t talk via BT to hearing aids and I don’t have ConnectClip. I’m about to order a replacement which should get a feed from the TV optical out or the one on the Freesat box. Thanks for your support and input on this.