DIY Phonak Bolero B50-SP

Hi there, my dog recently chomped my old hearing aid, a Phonak Bolero B50-SP and unfortunately in my area there seems to be 5-7 month wait list at my Audiologist. In an effort to get a hearing aid sooner than later, I was wondering if I could purchase a used Bolero B50-SP, iCube II, and install the phonak target software?

Am I missing anything?

Welcome to the forum, oh what a bummer, but not the first time this has happened to someone ! but yeah that’s all you need, it’s all pretty easy enough, you’ll need to try and set them up as a new fit together, do read the user guides as it’s very helpful for setting up the first time.

1 Like

Really appreciate that! Thank you! Any idea on what the modern equivalent model to a Bolero B50-SP is by chance? Just curious it seems they are hard to find now where they are so outdated. Thanks again

Well if you decide to go for the later models you’ll need a pair, you won’t be able to use B50 on say a P50.

1 Like

HAs equivalent to Bolero B50 SP (depending on your loss, you did not show your audiogram)

• Bolero M PR (rechargable) Mild to severe hearing loss
  • Bolero M M 312 battery (Mild to moderate hearing loss)
  • Naida M SP battery 13 (moderate to severe) → Naida M50SP
  • Naida P PR (rechargable) (moderate to severe) → Naida P50PR
  • Naida L SP battery 13 (moderate to severe) → Naida L50SP
  • Naida L PR (rechargable) (moderate to severe) → Naida L50PR

But you could not pair any one of these to your left Bolero 50SP, if you had a pair of Boleros and now have one single HA left.

1 Like

That’s amazing. Thank you. Yeah I need to get a hearing test. What are the numbers for? Like is a B90 basically the same as the B50 except it has better features?

Yes, the higher the number , the more features supports the aid.

30 is Basic
50 is Standard
70 is Advanced
90 is Premium

Phonak Bolero Marvel feature comparison

1 Like