Costco Kirkland Signature 7.0 (Product Information)

Hi, Just starting out with hearing aids, can someone point me to what the tinnitus features are in the ks7s that were removed? I looked at the trax42 info but can’t seem to find anything documented. Thanks for any help…

Nevermind i found it on the siemens web site. https://usa.bestsoundtechnology.com/hearing-loss-and-tinnitus/tinnitus-information/treatment/

Hi, Picked a pair of the KS7s today, can anyone point me to documentation on what the performance levels 60/12 or 80/16 mean, they turn on the directional microphone feature but can tell a difference between the two or when the are off. Thanks

You’ll want to pick the 80/16, or better yet, get the scanner code from Costco and it will choose the right option automatically. It will also give you access to the battery level checker. The 80 and 60 refer to different levels of Rexton aids. I’m not sure about the 16 and 12 (maybe gain handles?) The 80 has more options for microphone directionality. The app is meant to be used with multiple Rexton aids as well as the KS7s

thanks for the information, odd that they don’t include the code with the ha’s or mention the functionality. Is there a list of the available programs that you know of and what specifically they do? tweak the volume, bass/treble, mic direction? thank you for any info or links you might provide.

Nevermind, i found info that was useful in this thread if anyone needs it.
Costco KS7 user experience

Glad you found what you needed.

Very happy with the KS7. Bought in February, tuned up earlier this month. Fit is so comfortable that I looked for them about 30 minutes before realizing they were in my ears, just not turned on.

I am getting some strange bloops from time to time and seems like the program changes (volume, direction change). But when I check the iPhone, all seems good. Any thoughts?

I bet they are notification sound from the iphone. Lots of folks have that happen until they turn off the notification sounds they don’t want. Any notification can be set to silent.

It may have already been posted but I had found the following CostcoTV video about the KS7. https://youtu.be/VhJJt4h6k7s

Hi Doc,

Yesterday I compared KS-7’s to Resound Cala’s and am trying to decide which to buy. Your post quoted above makes me wonder whether to take headphones with me on my next trial to compare the aids. I just listened to a bit of the Rachmaninoff Symphony #1 on some Bose headphones (not noise canceling) both with my current KS-5’s and with no aids and the music does not sound much different.

WHat do you advise?

…I hope you will let us know of your decision (and the key factors in that decison),

Question about Smart Connect app for iPhone 5c:

rasmus_braun wrote:
>>> Connexx Smart Connect for Apple iOS:
>>> https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/conn…929066649?mt=8

When I go to the app store from the phone, I see Connexx Smart Connect but not Connexx 8. The reviews for this app are not positive (2 stars). Is this the correct & current app? If now, how to get the current one. Also, would if be easier to download the app to my Windows computer and then send it to the phone?

Thanks for any help.

I’m pretty sure that’s the latest version–it’s got the same date as the Android App. The Android version isn’t rated very well either. It’s tough to sort out these ratings. A lot of people don’t know how these things are supposed to work and have unrealistic expectations. Connexx 8 is something completely different. It’s programming software that’s used to program Signia and Rexton hearing aids. It requires special hardware to use. You should be able to download Smart Connect directly to your iPhone. I’m assuming you have a Smart Connect device. If not, you want the Smart Remote app instead.

I should 'slain a bit. I’m considering upgrading from KS-5 to either KS-7 or ReSound Cala. In a few days, I’ll go back to Costco to try the aids again. I was thinking it would help if I have the apps for both aids installed on my iPhone 5s. When I looked at the Smart Connect app, I was discouraged by negative reviews. “annoying beeps and tone sequences”, “it keeps disconnecting from my hearing aids”.

I don’t see such criticism here so perhaps forum members are more satisfied or the only people who post reviews are gripers.

Thanks

The “correct” app for the KS7 depends on whether you are going to purchase a Smart Connect device (it’s a pendant worn around the neck that allows direct streaming to the hearing aids) If you’re going to use a Smart Connect, you’ll want the Smart Connect app. If you’re not going to use a Smart Connect device, you’ll want the Smart Remote app. Point of information. I currently use Smart Remote, but am going to pick up a Smart Connect device and remote microphone on Thursday.

Answer to “I compared KS-7’s to Resound Cala’s and am trying to decide which to buy…”

I decided on the KS-7. Have fitting appt. for 21 Aug. at the Costco store in Prescott, AZ. I’ll also get a Samrt COnnect.

Thanks to all for suggestions.

I’ve been trying that for a few days and keep getting a 503 error “HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable.”
I’m fairly sure I’ve seen the guides/manuals for the KS7 and accessories listed somewhere on this site but can’t seem to find them again.
Can anybody point me in the right direction?

The portal is down until someone notices and reboots it. I’ve uploaded the manuals for you here:

http://ge.tt/13x8YDm2

Thank you very much! Why would the TV Transmitter have a battery in it?