Costco Kirkland Signature 7.0 (Product Information)

…I hope you will let us know of your decision (and the key factors in that decison),

Question about Smart Connect app for iPhone 5c:

rasmus_braun wrote:
>>> Connexx Smart Connect for Apple iOS:
>>> https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/conn…929066649?mt=8

When I go to the app store from the phone, I see Connexx Smart Connect but not Connexx 8. The reviews for this app are not positive (2 stars). Is this the correct & current app? If now, how to get the current one. Also, would if be easier to download the app to my Windows computer and then send it to the phone?

Thanks for any help.

I’m pretty sure that’s the latest version–it’s got the same date as the Android App. The Android version isn’t rated very well either. It’s tough to sort out these ratings. A lot of people don’t know how these things are supposed to work and have unrealistic expectations. Connexx 8 is something completely different. It’s programming software that’s used to program Signia and Rexton hearing aids. It requires special hardware to use. You should be able to download Smart Connect directly to your iPhone. I’m assuming you have a Smart Connect device. If not, you want the Smart Remote app instead.

I should 'slain a bit. I’m considering upgrading from KS-5 to either KS-7 or ReSound Cala. In a few days, I’ll go back to Costco to try the aids again. I was thinking it would help if I have the apps for both aids installed on my iPhone 5s. When I looked at the Smart Connect app, I was discouraged by negative reviews. “annoying beeps and tone sequences”, “it keeps disconnecting from my hearing aids”.

I don’t see such criticism here so perhaps forum members are more satisfied or the only people who post reviews are gripers.

Thanks

The “correct” app for the KS7 depends on whether you are going to purchase a Smart Connect device (it’s a pendant worn around the neck that allows direct streaming to the hearing aids) If you’re going to use a Smart Connect, you’ll want the Smart Connect app. If you’re not going to use a Smart Connect device, you’ll want the Smart Remote app. Point of information. I currently use Smart Remote, but am going to pick up a Smart Connect device and remote microphone on Thursday.

Answer to “I compared KS-7’s to Resound Cala’s and am trying to decide which to buy…”

I decided on the KS-7. Have fitting appt. for 21 Aug. at the Costco store in Prescott, AZ. I’ll also get a Samrt COnnect.

Thanks to all for suggestions.

I’ve been trying that for a few days and keep getting a 503 error “HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable.”
I’m fairly sure I’ve seen the guides/manuals for the KS7 and accessories listed somewhere on this site but can’t seem to find them again.
Can anybody point me in the right direction?

The portal is down until someone notices and reboots it. I’ve uploaded the manuals for you here:

http://ge.tt/13x8YDm2

Thank you very much! Why would the TV Transmitter have a battery in it?

Hi all,

For a week, I’ve had my new KS-7’s plus a Smart Connect plus a dryer that one of the Costco staff talked me into. Here’s some initial impressions:

PROS:
I can hear significantly better than with the KS-5’s they replaced
Much louder than the KS-5’s
They are about as comfortable as the KS-5’s (tulip domes that I barely feel)
The software on my iphone 5s is useful

CONS:
Some voices sound harsh (likely because of higher volume)
I don’t like all the tones, especially the loooong tune at startup
Its a bit harder to open the battery doors to silence the aids (like when I walk by a house with loud yappy dogs).
The Smart Connect software does not track the current status of the aids (like if I make a change on the aids, the software shows what it last set.

I haven’t yet worn the new aids to a meeting and I’ve used the Smart Connect only one day. Not sure how useful it will be. I can hear OK using the phone’s speaker. Haven’t tried any other bluetooth devices.

The harsh voice sounds are something you’ll likely get used to.
You could have them change the timing of the start up tune to start immediately upon closing the door and it would likely end before you have them in your ears, or you could just wait several seconds before putting them in.
Instead of opening the battery doors, you could request that they activate the mute setting in push button mode.
If you’re connected to the Smart Connect and using the Smart Connect App, the app should track the status of the aids. If you’re using the app in stand alone mode, it won’t because the communication is one way (just from app to aids via high pitched beeps)

Regarding the Smart Connect: Today I was walking between my garage and a spot on the other side of my house while wearing the Smart Connect but not carrying my iPhone. Shortly after I got to the far end of the house, I heard a double beep in the aids. Then when I went back in the garage, again two beeps. And then yet again as I went between the two places. Anyone know why it beeps? (I’ve not noticed this when I did not wear the Smart Connect.)

In addition, when I “un-hibernate” the phone, I get 4 beeps in rising tones and again after entering the passcode plus an occasional single beep.

KenP wrote:
“I got this In BTxmit/rcvron Amazon. It has optical and is lower latency. Quite happy with it.”

I see you have reviewed both this Indigo BTRT1 Advanced Bluetooth 4.1 Transmitter and Receiver, $30 at Amazon plus the Miccus Ultra-Fast Low Latency Bluetooth Transmitter, $40 at Amazon and said they are about equal. Are you still happy with the cheaper Indigo transmitter?
https://www.amazon.com/Indigo-BTRT1-Transmitter-Low-Latency-Dual-Stream/dp/B01GZ5GG5Q/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1504585120&sr=1-1&keywords=Indigo+BTRT1

I recently bought Kirkland KS7 aids plus a SmartConnect. I presume this transmitter will work with these two items to help me better hear sounds from my desktop computer, radio & TV.

Thanks for any advice.
Fred

MDB wrote: “Instead of opening the battery doors, you could request that they activate the mute setting in push button mode.”

At my followup appt. I got the dispenser to eliminate all the startup tones plus the startup delay. So now the only thing I notice when turning on the aids is an increase in background sounds.

— Fred

It should, @FredO. I have been quite happy with it. It can occasionally get a wee bit behind but most of the time it is right on. I have a power strip that turns it on when the TV starts but has it off other times. That makes it a bit easier to use multiple BT devices in the same area.

I have a single start up tone with my KS6’s. My habit is to put them on then turn on the aids. I agree that the norm is annoying.

I have my KS7s for over a month. I asked what happened if they get upgraded to the next K? She said upgrades mean I have to buy a new aid. I thought if you had a K7 and they came out with a new one that you would pad an update fee, but I guess I am wrong.

If a new model comes out within your 180 day trial, you can return your aid and get a refund and use proceeds to buy new aid. This could be a new KS model or any other brand Costco carries, or even a hearing aid you want to purchase from somewhere else. Basically you have 180 days to decide if you want to keep your Costco hearing aids.

You own the aid. You can use it forever or as long as they function. As mentioned, if a new model comes out, you can exchange them during the trial period. If you find you like the KS7 as well or better than the KS8, there is no reason to change,

I think you might have misinterpreted what “she” means.