Costco Jabra aids

I have the Jabra pro from Costco (sept 23). My main complaint is that when ever there is any background noise eg kettle boiling
Stove fan on, road noise in car, hearing aids go into noise cancelling mode and I have problems hearing the person talking (wife).
Overall in any noisy environment I find them no better than my old Costco Rexton aids. Otherwise music , one on one hearing excellent. Costco Audio said this auto noise canceling function cannot be changed. I tried the moulds and after a little initial fiddling found that they work well. Any comments please.

Have you tried the hear in noise program? Maybe it will help.

Have gone into the phone app and changed noise reduction from automatic to strong? That help me somewhat, I also changed the wind noise from auto to strong

I think I would go to a different Costco, if possible, and see what they say. Because when you look at the Resound software for the Nexia, it shows a setting for Noise tracker II.

Noise tracker ll is suppose to reduce background noise. It has four settings.

The Jabra doesn’t appear to be an exact copy of the Nexia, so maybe to setting isn’t available on the Jabra, but I would still go to a different Costco, if possible, to get their take on your issue.

My Jabra 20s do not automatically go into the Noise Cancellation Mode. If noise is bothersome I have to use the app and select Noise Filter to cancel out the noise. My default program is “QUIET”.

1 Like

I have a set Jabras MREI and have exactly the same problem. They were fine for the first 5 months then my left aid went in and stayed in this mode for almost 2 weeks before it finally came out. Now at the 8 month mark both left or right will randomly go in noise canceling mode for a few hours or so almost daily. I’ve been back to Costco twice now soon to be three times for this and they want to blame it on my iPhone 15 but it’s the aids for sure. It can be triggered by any noise, road noise, a phone call, a sneeze, or any loud event. I’m really curious now how many have this problem since it is obviously a software problem.

It sounds like impulse sound reduction (I don’t recall the exact name). Have your dispenser adjust that to be less sensitive. It is designed to protect you from sudden, loud sounds.

2 Likes

Thank you all for your comments and information.
I’m off to Costco and hopefully a solution.

2 Likes