Clicking/Loose sound in one hearing aid with each step

I have been wearing HAs for about two years now. (Currently Lumity Life 90). I started noticing a click in my left aid with each step I take on that side. No issues with right side. It almost sounds like the HA is loose.

I did change my domes yesterday but they are same size and type that I have always used. I have also tried swapping left and right domes to see if that was the issue but the issue did not travel with the dome.

Has anyone else experienced this and could offer suggestions? Unsure of what may be causing this.

So it just started happening out of the blue, and only when your walking? You never hear this click otherwise, that would be strange, but why not swap the receiver’s over incase it’s a loose connection there, have you had a play around with the App settings to see if it’s there in different programs?

Thanks for the feedback. I’ll try to get in to have the receivr swapped out.

Yes, it jus started happening out of the blue. Everythign was fine Sunday, Monday I noticed the issue.

It almost sounds like it could be loose, although it seems to feel the same. Does that make any sense? Do we ever have to go up a size for domes? This size has been working well for me since I got my HAs.

I’ve changed domes…size and type. I’ve never heard a sound I could blame on my domes.
If you change the dome type you should (have to?) make a setting change in Target. The audi has to do it.

I understand that Phonak is going to make another receiver available for Paradise and Lumity hearing aids. I hate the tiny wax guards that my Paradise P90R’s have. I have real trouble changing them. I never had issues with the wax guards on my previouse 2 sets of Phonak HA’s. Just mentioning…in case you have the same issue.

Dave

Here’s what I found on this site–it announces the release of the new receivers.

Is it possible that you are left footed, to use the best expression I can think of. Maybe you lead with your left foot, step down harder and clunk! Down comes the stem of your glasses onto the hearing aid. Or, as others have said, there is a loose wire on the left and it disconnects randomly on a left step. This might be a silly answer. Good luck.

Just to be clear: this “clicking” is inside the ear? It’s not like glasses frames clicking on the unit behind the ear?

If the sound comes from INSIDE the ear, maybe see if there is a long ear hair in the way? It may be rubbing against the speaker tip?

If it’s EXTERNAL, it could be that glasses frames are knocking against the ear wire or unit behind the ear. Keep us posted!

I haven’t done a great job of explaining because it’s not a typical issue.

The sound is in the ear, not coming from the aid itself. It never happened until yesterday.

It almost sounds like something is shifting on that side with each step. It’s fine when stationary. The aid feels tight, I don’t feel like it’s at risk of falling out. It’s possible this has been going on all along and my brain just picked up on it, but I don’t believe that’s the case. It’s just odd that it is only one side. Maybe as one suggested, I’m left-footed and applying more energy on that step.

1 Like

I had an in the ear Widex years ago. My first HA. When I was eating, every time I chewed it squealed. So they remade it. Sure was a tight fit! It hurt!