Battery holders

I have seen some battery holders that attach to your key chain so you always have a spare set, just in case.

Since you should avoid keeping them in hot places like car glove boxes, what about your jean pockets? I assume this would not be a real problem for the ladies as they probably keep their keys in their purse.

Keeping a spare set around sounds like a good idea, but not if they are going to rapidly die any way.

Boliver

I can’t tell from your post if you are making a comment or looking for a battery case. If you are looking for one, I use these. I keep mine in my pocket.

Sorry for the confusion. I am asking if they are ok to use. I do not want to invest in batteries, put them in my pocket in a case, and when I go to use them they are bad due to being exposed to the heat of my leg in my pants.

I assume since you use one, you have not experienced this problem.

Boliver

Hmm, this got me to thinking. Your ear is going to be the same “body temperature” as your leg and hip area. And, the ear will also tend to be more “moist”. So if the batteries can survive your ears, then I do not think the pocket environment would be any problem.

I have been carrying them in my pocket since I started wearing them earlier this year. Have used a case similar to the one in DFPope’s link. And have even just left them in the blister pack they came in. Have not found any problems so far.

I know with my Rextons I get 7.5 to 8.5 days on a pair of batteries. they always go dead within about 6 hours of each. So, I just got in the habit of replacing them every Sunday morning. Being a little OCD I also have a 4 pack in both car consoles and use to keep a pack in my desk when I worked.

I keep my spare batteries in my pocket in a velcro closed pouch and have never had a problem.

Did you make the pouch or purchase one? If you purchased one, where at?

Thanks

The pouch came on a key chain but works great for HA batteries.

I’ve got one of those platic caddies (holder). My audi supplied it to me when I got my aids. I keep it in my coin pouch, in my pocket. Never had a problem.

Yes, heat is a problem for batteries, but we’re talking the kind of heat you encounter in direct sunlight or inside a car (say > 45-50 degrees C). It is very unlikely that body temperature or just under is going to adversely affect the life of your batteries.

The greater danger is shorting the batteries out (if they contact metal in your pocket) or having the tabs come off. The caddies prevent this. Mine also has a short chain that could be put on a key ring.

I had a little pill case that I use to carry a couple of spares in my pocket. No problems so far…