Bagging phone at concerts

I will be going to concert soon in Las Vegas where they use the Yondr phone bagging system to secure your phone or Smart Watch during the concert.
I believe there is consideration for us who need the phone to control the HAs.
Had anyone here encountered this system and did they have way to let you have your phone?

Excellent question.

/subscribe/

Hmm. Never heard of this system. Had to look it up. Nothing about a get-out-of-Yondr card for the hearing impaired, but here’s their website:

1 Like

For what purpose would anyone want to do this? Sounds weird.

Watch: Celebrity Party Phone Lock Defeated (Yondr)

Another one is here: HOW TO OPEN A YONDR POUCH

They don’t want people using their cell phones during the concert. No photos, videos, etc. It’s not a bad idea, and makes sense to implement.

But as the OP points out, many of us use an app to control our hearing devices. I do, and would be lost without that ability.

2 Likes

I guess most people don’t actually do it, I’ve never encountered any concerts asking this, must be more for the orchestral, broadway types
We live in the digital age and it just seems pointless, for a few reasons, for emergency calls from loved ones and emergency government broadcasts plus the fact you need the App for your “medical devices”

Apparently courts and some schools are using the technology also.

I emailed the venue and today I got a very nice email back saying to check with box office at concert and I would be given an exception. So no need to worry if you have a legit need to keep you phone.

2 Likes

I am lost right now with the master aid away to be repaired!