Audiology Office Management Systems

Hi colleagues,

I’m looking at getting an office management system for the first time. I see that the most popular options in the USA appear to be Sycle and HearForm. Neither of these are in widespread use in my own country. Does anyone have any experience with HearForm?

Their website looks to be quite out of date, but they are a company that prides themselves on saving you money. I would very much prefer to have a system that is installed locally and has long-term support. Monthly subscriptions aren’t something I’m overly keen on and neither is cloud computing.

I’m keen to hear your feedback on any practice management systems you have used or currently use. I’ve got limited experience with the commercially available systems available on the market having worked primarily within hospital-based clinics that used a proprietary system that wasn’t specific to audiology and an international hearing aid retailer that had their own proprietary system also.

Very popular basic office management system is Noah 4.

Noah comes with modules for performing basic measurement and office management functions , allowing users to put it to work immediately. However, the real power of Noah is attained by adding more sophisticated fitting, measurement and office management tools provided by licensed HIMSA member companies.

Thanks, I’m aware of Noah 4. I don’t know of any clinician who is using hearing aid manufacturer’s software outside of Noah on a routine basis. I’m looking for an office management system and Noah doesn’t include appointment scheduling, billing or other basic office management system functionality.

Many audiologists l have visited in the past use Noah 4 and HearForm. A few years ago, l asked my audiologist about the cost of HearForm and it’s very expensive software.

Save who money. Or at who’s expense.

They’re all expensive platforms unfortunately. Anything that is used for medical purposes has a premium attached to it because of all the legislation it needs to be compliant with and the profit that can be generated from it. Hearform actually seems to be cheapest option despite a high upfront cost. Most other packages lock you into a subscription model.

1 Like