Anyone on here seen this twitter post from Phonak

Looks like phonak are about to expand there lumity range again here is the link from twitter an hour ago https://twitter.com/phonak/status/1758135369487548628 find this very curious. Maybe a battery version of the lumity ?

UPDATE: found this under news on sonova website today https://www.sonova.com/en/media/phonak-lumity-now-available-all-ages-and-hearing-loss-levels

6 Likes

Perhaps a lumity aid to connect to CI? Looks like it’s an additional 3 BTEs and 1 RIC.

G1
perhaps
Audeo L with battery 13 or battery 312
Naida L SP with battery 13
Sky L SP with battery 13

2 Likes

Something is crossing my mind, but what it is? :thinking:

I feel having battery versions of the aids they have is very important, there will always be people who need/prefer battery over rechargeable.

5 Likes

Darn good thing.
My rechargeable batteries save on garbage. But they are barely good enough on light days for the hours I use my HAs. Other days? forgetaboutit.

1 Like

Since 2014 (maybe before too?) Phonak has announced a new RIC model.
2014 V
2016 B
2018 Marvel
2020 Paradise
2022 Lumity
2024 ?

2 Likes

The link indicates it’s a possible expansion to the lumity range again. So doubt they will release of a new range from phonak until maybe later in the year

1 Like

I wonder if a disposable battery CROS will come out?

1 Like

@zebras that would be good if they did that

2 Likes

I have Starky CROS disposable batteries. I am not interested in rechargeable aids.

I wouldn’t expect a new one until 2025. They still haven’t brought out their custom (rechageable?).

It’s going to be a 312 RIC.
Can’t wait for the SP BTE. :+1:

2 Likes

Interesting! Maybe I’m reading too much into this, but it looks like the silhouettes are slightly smaller than the current devices. If disposable batteries take up less space than the rechargeable components, that makes sense. In that case, it would make sense that only the Slim and Life (if that’s the larger brown Audeo) were excluded, because those are the ones where it seems impractical. But if the large BTE all the way on the left is the Naida UP, isn’t that one already battery-only? The first two BTE silhouettes look smaller than that one, but larger than the the standard Sky/Naida (which then has its own smaller silhouette).

1 Like

Looks like audiologists were notified last week that a replaceable battery version is coming to the Lumity. That is great news to me! I was worried they were going to leave that stuff out of future models like many of the mobile devices these days. Better late than never! I’m not sure if I’ll upgrade to the new Lumity now or keep waiting in hopes that the next chip will have LE audio.

3 Likes

I agree! One of my TWO pairs of Phonak Lumity Life rechargeables is already starting to slide down the scale in battery life. I charge it up faithfully every night - even wiggle the “bean” to make sure it’s seated proper in the induction charging base.

But now I’m starting to get low battery beeps after about 10 hours of use, and yesterday, I had to have my husband pause our TV show while I swapped in the OTHER pair of rechargeable Life aids. I’d only been wearing the near-dead pair for 12 or so hours? NOT ACCEPTABLE.

For the millionth time, I just want a viable choice! Not everyone who wears rechargeables (our only choice for most new aids coming out) has dexterity issues. Many of us actually have LONG days of 16 or more hours, and we like to travel, so we may need up to 24 hours of reliable battery in our aids. It can’t be done with rechargeables! And even if it was a full day’s worth, I’d get SIX times that with size 13 batteries in my Phonak Marvel aids.

I pine away for a battery Lumity Life … anyone out there at Phonak reading this or listening to us?

3 Likes

I thought of you and a few others on here when I read this. It makes no difference for me, but I’m glad you guys will (hopefully) soon be getting something that makes your lives so much easier!

Thank you SO much for your empathy CombatWombat! I wish we’d get this kind of reaching out and connection from Phonak, but … it is what it is … until the day they start losing business to other makers who offer state-of-the-art hearing aids that run on little ol’ batteries. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t speak French, but found this on the net - Lumity 312 seems to be an option!

2 Likes

Interesting it’s battery across the product line except the adult RICs, which I’m guessing is the most popular model.

1 Like

AUGH. Why? Is there some kind of conspiracy to FORCE us RIC users to go rechargeable? I don’t get the logic here.