Android hearing aid controls

Question for any Android phone users who utilize audio streaming:
Is there a hearing aid control option available on the lock screen, that’s easily & quickly available at the push of a button? For adjusting volume, mute, and audio source? i.e. like iPhone lock screen hearing aid controls?

I’m unfamiliar with iPhone. With Android, you’ll have to get into an app as far as I know. Some of those functions you mention are available through button (or tap) controls on some hearing aids.

1 Like

Thank you. For reference here’s the iPhone lockscreen controls accessible via 3 quick taps on the side button. OS embedded capability, no separate app necessary.

Very true, with my Oticons, I need the Oticon On app installed.
It does not have to be open, just paired.
You get the standard remote functions of volume, mute, and program change on the lock screen.

Phonak Paradise features those tap features @MDB mentioned.

1 Like

At least with an ASHA connection from your android phone, you can set it up to use the volume buttons to adjust the volume, but nothing else.

1 Like

@cam30era Yes you can do it from the Android Lock Screen - no app required.

Double tap and then swipe down from the very top to bring up settings. Then click the button”media output” and select “this phone” rather than your HAs. The phone will remain in it’s locked state. This is on Android 12.

I think I recall it is similar but not exactly the same on Android 11…but may be wrong - it’s been a while since I used 11.

1 Like

My Starkey Thrive app has three buttons on the lock screen - quieter, louder, and mute. Android 12 on Pixel 5.

2 Likes