Restoring speech intelligibility for hearing aid users with deep learning

Yeah, same problem for me and that’s a pity because the noise reduction algorithm works really well. But the lag is like 1 second…

On AI noise-removal solutions that rely on using a smartphone microphone, even if the latency issue were solved, I wouldn’t want to expose my very expensive smartphone to the risk of dropping it while waving it around or having food or drink splashed over it if laid on a restaurant table. I’d much prefer a AI solution that could work through hearing aids if that were possible. Even though an AI noise-removal solution might be able to work through just one pickup mic, I would think AI noise removal would be even better if it could employ directional sound from the beam-forming possible with HA’s as a starter.

If latency is eliminated I envision the hearing aids being stripped down to just microphones and bluetooth radios and AI enhanced speech processing taking place in a super powerful phone.

I hope I live long enough to benefit. We may not have many flying cars but we’ve got Flash Gordon watches and totally take for granted the wonders that we already carry around.

2 Likes

@1Bluejay : I just noticed this post of yours. My avatar STAYS

But - where are YOU? I miss your posts!!

1 Like

Is that a green hard hat you are wearing? A hard working monkey, aren’t you!

@prodigyplace: No. It’s my CombatCantaloupe®️.

1 Like

They are more firm when unripe.

1 Like