Phonak Roger Select iN defective

The 503030 battery will fit and will work just fine

2 Likes

Hello @Gopi apparently 503030 battery fits, 503035 battery also, but that one is extremely tight, but you can manage (I did) and stick in the 503035 the wrong way around, soldering the red & black wires only, onto the 2 plug wires, doubling the plug wire length, the yellow wire appears to be none functional, so I left this unconnectedā€¦ My Roger Select iN now runs perfectā€¦ Good Luck, cheers Kev :wink:

2 Likes

Great, Could you share me the link for the 503030. Or do you have one to sell?

1 Like

Thatā€™s awesome, thanks for sharing this Kev!

1 Like

https://www.amazon.com/Battery-Rechargeable-Lithium-Polymer-Connector/dp/B09FFKPNYH/ref=sr_1_4?crid=2MMRL3VC6XIQR&keywords=battery+503030&qid=1704225367&sprefix=battery+503030%2Caps%2C131&sr=8-4

1 Like

Does anybody know, what the yellow cable is for? Down this discussion it is stated that the 503030 works fine without the yellow cable.
Might it be a temperature sensor?

Edit:
I can now answer it by my own:
It is a temperature sensor (NTC)

1 Like

And there have been questions about the connector
I am pretty sure it is a molex 781720003 connector.
AliExpress seems to have them in their portfolio but they donā€™t ship it to Germany
Btw: they even sell the 423030 with the right connector for the Roger select - but not to Germanyā€¦ :disappointed:

Iā€™m about to buy several of these. Fingers crossed they have the right connector! If not, Iā€™ll figure it out. PM me if you want me to send you one from the US whenever they get here.

1 Like

This looks like a fun little project! If anyone has a Select with a dead battery in the UK that they donā€™t want to fix up themselves, iā€™d be happy to buy it from you and have a go at the fix. Thanksā€¦

Iā€™m sure some used Roger devices are defective because the battery has become bad. For those devices this is a welcome fix. But in my experience there are many other reasons for a Roger device to become defective. And not at all easy to fix.

1 Like