Phonak Naida beeping often

One of the most common is moisture buildup in the battery compartment or on the hearing aids themselves. Moisture can short-circuit a battery and cause it to drain faster than normal. You might also live in an area with high humidity, like Florida which can also take its toll on your batteries.

I guess the battery is bringing in moisture and powering the hearing aid at the same time. I’m starting to look for Dehumidifiers.

Humidity is not just on the outside of things, it’s inside too.
Use your dryer every night.

That’s true and less humidity is better for the exposed hearing aid battery in hearing aid. Do you put disposable battery in hearing aid dryer?

Without A/C in Florida I don’t see how your aids would ever dry out unless you put them in a dryer.

I leave disposable batteries in my aids when I put them in the dryer. It’s a Dry and Store Global II that runs for 8 hours, and has a desiccant brick that I change every 2 months. I get 4-5 days out of 312 batteries in my Oticon Real 1’s, so drying isn’t hurting them too much.

Update: l went to an audiologist but they have a moisture remover just basic but not strong enough and they don’t do repairs. I made appt with another audiologist that has a stronger moisture removal device, it’s a week from tomorrow. They also have a hearing aid text box as well

2 Likes

The hearing aid office has the Redux professional moisture removal device and the drying process use no heat at all and takes eight minutes.

Redux has an home version for 400 US dollars and the drying cycle is 45 minutes, no heat.

Redux Pro has two versions for in office use and costs 2,850 US dollars or 1,999 US dollars.

Redux Home version hearing aid dryer website suggest to use the moisture removal device weekly.

2 Likes

When to audiologist today and they used Redux to remove moisture. They said they didn’t find moisture (water) inside hearing aid. Didn’t get low power beeps today

That Redux dryer might have done something if you did not get the low power beeps afterwards.

I have heard of the Redux by Dr. Cliff and his review of hearing aid dryer for home is outdated three years ago. I wasn’t aware that Redux offers a home version. I plan on buying the Redux home version as it’s better to remove moisture without using heat.

1 Like

Update: l wrote to Redux about the moisture in hearing aid and this is their response:

Batteries have openings (typically 4 bore holes - size of a pin hole really) that if they are blocked by moisture will starve the battery of the air, and once dried out the battery will work properly, as the air can flow into the battery again. That’s largely what’s happening.

The Redux HOME Dryer technology is a little different than the professional units. The HOME unit uses rejuvenating desiccant and ultra dry air. There is no vacuum in the HOME unit causing treatment times to be longer but at a more affordable price than our professional units. However, both have endpoint drying, meaning they will run until they have detected all the water has been removed.

2 Likes

I have always used a dryer. The one I use is a Dry & Store Professional. It uses UV, heat and a desiccant brick.
I also always left the batteries in the aids with the doors open when in the dryer.

You mentioned putting new batteries in your aids and 30 minutes later getting the low battery alarm. That doesn’t sound like the battery vents are covered with moisture.

2 Likes

It was 45 mins when l got the low power beeps on one battery. The other batteries were 1.5 hours to 3 hours when it reached 50-60 percent battery life.

I have a Phonak D Dryer which has UV and heat. I put the aids with the battery door open with the battery. It has two timers, 3 hrs and 6 hours.

I don’t get the low power beeps when it’s raining outside and l am in my room before this moisture issue.

I asked Redux if it was moisture on the electrical contacts of the microphone and or the receiver.

I even put the new battery next to the hearing aid in the hearing aid dryer and it still has the same beep issue.

Before l went to the Redux audiologist, l used my 30x jewelry scope to look inside the hearing aid battery compartment and cleaned the battery contacts.

Since the Redux audiologist, l don’t have anymore low power beeping.

3 Likes