Phonak Lumity Life Rechargeable DEAD after 1.5 years use

All great observations and suggestions! :slight_smile:

I’d like to send my second hand M90’s in for repair but haven’t figured out how to do that.

Phonak’s quality must be in the tank. My old Phonak’s are now 12 years old and still work.

The pair of Paradise aids I bought a little over a year ago failed. They are back from repair and I’m picking them up on Monday.

The right aid of the loaner pair failed this afternoon.

I will never buy Phonak again.

1 Like

What kind of battery, and what was the nature of the failure?

1 Like

This is like building a hot rod.
Things are pushed to the limit until they are unreliable or break.

Size 13 zinc battery.

All three failed after extremely shortened battery life. Tried every battery brand available including those supplied by the audiologist. Less than a day battery life. The battery contacts were cleaned by the audiologist. No help.

Physically the Phonak has regressed: small (tiny) control buttons; cumbersome new disk type was guards; tail pieces on the RIC that are very insecure and require replacement frequently.

Do you use a hearing aid dryer?
Some parts of Texas are way humid.

What do you mean? Can’t you drop the aids off with an audi and have them send it in for repair? I don’t think a customer can just put aids in a box and mail it to Repairs @ Phonak. They’d want some official paperwork with the serial numbers on it and return address to a clinic, I’m thinking…

I do use the drying jar for my aids. Same process as with the old aids.

The repairs for my aids were processed through the audiologist that I have used for many years.

Thanks for the suggestions,
v/r
Jeff

Each pair of hearing aids need receivers (one for each aid). Once they have receivers they can pair with any Roger device, even the older Roger Pen 1.1.

You can get a free spare pair of licences or two if you have IN devices. I have one Roger On IN v2 and have licences across three different sets of hearing aids from the same device purchase.

The device works with whichever pair of aids I have.

If you have standard receivers rather than UPs then they are £20 each from connevans in the UK.

Very easy to swap out, I have a spare receiver for each side at all times as it’s quite easy to break a wire if you pull on them by accident.

Had my KS10 batteries replaced by Phonak under warranty, there and back in 72 hours.

New battery lasts about 18 hours and I stream a lot, Roger, BT with work.

I have a backup pair of P50s which also lasts a good 16-17 hours.