New COSTCO (their own) Batteries

Just bought some as the card of free batteries I was given by my audi a couple weeks ago were dead.

Gotta love her.

40 for $8.99 out the door.

Mine last about a week.

40/2 = 20 weeks worth. So 8.99/20= 0.45 per week x 52 weeks = $23.37 annual cost.

I guess if you have the really powerful aids they don’t last that long.

But for $23.37 a year I don’t know why anyone even bothers with battery discussions.

It’s like talking about the cost of paper clips or such.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

finally someone understands…

Hello all- I’m totally new to hearing aides -have an appointment this coming Sat. at Costco.
So my question is - should I be concerned at all with how long the batteries will last when choosing hearing aides?

It’s definitely a factor you should consider.

Here’s the deal- you put your hearing aids in your ears and you live life, with family, friends, events. And right in the middle of cutting your niece’s birthday cake, your left HA goes dead. This is SUCH an annoyance!!!

My current batteries last about 8 days, which is perfect for me. I change them every Monday morning, it’s part of my routine, and I never end up stuck with a dead hearing aid at something important. If your batteries last 5 or 6 days… it’s not so easy to keep track. In the end, you will make it work, but you will find battery life is a big deal.

NO!

How they fit, are they set up correctly, what are the features, how do they perform, do they need adjustments, how should the different programs be set up, am I understanding speech better, how long until my brain completely adjusts. Those are things to be concerned about, not whether you get 3 days, or 5 days or a week out of a battery.

See froggy above. If you got 3.5 days it would be $47 a year. So all the big differences in battery use mean that batteries will cost somewhere between $23 and $47 a year.

I stash batteries everywhere including my car, so I’m never without batteries and I know about how long they last so I will go ahead and change them if I suspect it is close and I’m going to be in a situation where I don’t want dead batteries to be an issue. I get 3.5 to 4.5 days.

Has anyone bought batteries from Amazon?

Yes Duracell 60 CNT in plastic case. Great.

you could buy your batteries from the folks who pay to keep this forum running

Where are they?

Sure, Local Battery sells there. Best price ever, very close to Costco.

I’ve always bought my batteries on Amazon for the convenience and price. I use Duracell which seem to last longer. I get 6 days with my KS6’s. I also like that they come in a plastic case and keep one in my pocket at all times.

Been using Costco’s 13’s for as long as I can remember, without any problems. I change them weekly, but if needed, I can go 10 to 11 days. Price is amazing.

As I understand it, the latest research tells us that when we take the plastic tag off the batteries, they should be left out in the air for 5 min (yes, 5 now) before installing in the aids, if one is to get the longest life out of them.

That’s what I thought initially, until folks on the forum said that it’s an old wives tale and has been disproved.

I personally tried it myself with the Costco batteries. Neither 1 minutes nor 5 minutes seems to make any noticeable difference to me. I consistently get 5 days of batteries no matter what.

Sams in the regular battery display (with the D cells and the like) sells Duracel HA batteries in various sizes (32 for $19) but over at the hearing aid counter they have on a hook some “Liberty” batteries 40 for $10. I can still get 60 for $14 on Amazon Prime UPS’d right to my door (or 60 for $19 for the duracels).

I went to change batteries one night and got distracted. I left them on the table overnight before putting them in my HA’s. That was in Dec, 2014 and they are still going strong.

Hi All,

Does anyone recycle HA batteries? I have a bag full and hate to just pitch. The local home stores take only rechargeables.

My Costco takes regular HA batteries.

Whether or not you burn the gasoline to drive to Costco they will still end up in the trash