Effectiveness of an OTC Hearing Aid vs. Audiologist-Fitted Hearing Aid

and mocking and berating are part of the research method as well? I asked a question and have gotten no answer but rather assertions without sources. Hubris? Louie, Louie, you get annoyed when your bald “must” is questioned.
one normally would find a null hypothesis along with an alternate hypothesis at the start of a study like this. here, there is no stated alternate hypothesis. By the way you’re confusing ‘null hypothesis’ with ‘hypothesis’. These two are not identical. Or maybe you’re just hedging.
why not simply answer my critique rather than avoid the issue with sarcasm? I suggested several ways that the study was open to question and have heard nothing about any of them from you. Ah well, it’s amusing.

You critiqued the study for stating a hypothesis. I simply informed you that all studies start with a hypothesis. I don’t have the time, nor is it my job to educate you about the principles that underpin the basics of research methodology on a hearing aid forum. You have the internet at your disposale - I suggest you use it. It seems like you’ve already started learning… good on you. I’m glad I could assist in your education. Keep up the good work.

I don’t get annoyed when a “must” is challenged. I get annoyed when someone’s confidence and strength of conviction is outmatched only by his ignorance on a topic.

2 Likes