Do hearing companies still make analog?

I will try the linear recommendation but if that fails I will leave once again frustrated with a miserable outlook on life because I may no longer be able to enjoy music and movies. I honestly do not care if I have to give up speech as long as I can hear music with the same clarity as analog without 50 clinic visits I will feel better than winning the power ball.

1 Like

And I am the opposite I have given up music most of the time just to have a good conversation with my family, friends, and Church family. I have never had an ear for music so I wouldn’t know what real music sounds like anyway.

1 Like

Don’t forget to ask if the digital hearing aid has music profile. Music profile is supposed to turn off the annoying real-time enhancements and stuff.

1 Like

I have tried the music program is sounds muted.it lacks clarity. It seems everytime I go in for adjustments it just gets worse instead of improving. Analogs when I got new ones all they had to do was turn the dials, fit the molds and pop in a battery and I’m good to go, not anymore. It’s more about the $ than our ability to hear.

2 Likes

Leithe21:Yeah, I miss the analog. They were way cheaper too! A digital BAHA is $4-6K and medical insurances won’t pay unless I get surgerical implants. No thanks. I just want an external hearing aid!

That’s astonishing how they are forcing those who prefer analogs into implants or digital. In your case Ant forcing you to get an implant which costs 10x as much not to mention the therapy required to recover from the implant and countless hours of programming and training to use the implant that is of course you have no rejections.

2 Likes

This is a belated reply, but just adding a note of empathy here. You’re quite right that linear programming will not fix the problem, and there isn’t a particularly good reason why analog devices are completely unavailable. It seems to me that the situation is eminently fixable, however. I would encourage you to continue to pressure your audiologist to communicate your interest in analogs to the manufacturers. If you have any ideas for how to bring back analog aids, though, I’d certainly be interested.

You can still buy the Siemens designed Lotus 23p on ebay.

I am confused. Are Siemens Lotus 12p and 23p analog?

All Siemens Lotus 12/23p on eBay claim they are 100% digital.

380p or CB80 are very very old hearing aids, I think you can program set of hearing aids to
to sound like analogues.

They are trimpot devices. I thought all those were analog.

MDHearing has a starter model that is analog, very inexpensive, I think it is called the Pro. No idea how it sounds, my MDLux is digital but is very nice. Great customer service as well so for the price if you are looking for analog it is probably worth a shot.

Hi, Wow! This is a great thread. See my profile below. If I wanted to try a used or new analog HA, can someone suggest one for my profile?

250 Hz L-15 R-25
500 Hz L-25 R-25
1000 Hz L-40 R-45
2000 Hz L-85 R-100
4000 Hz L-100 R-95
8000 Hz L-95 R-95
SRT L 35 dB R 45 dB

I have had basically zero luck with digital aids and the more I read, the more I wonder if an analog HA might be best for me.

Thank you!

Hi David, did u find anything u like similar like Beltone s90 ? I m having problem get new hearing aid I still wear Beltone S90! I pls let me know