Costco to get Jabra Enhance Pro 20

For example, here is one with Bluetooth 5.0:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/tcl-50-class-s4-s-class-4k-uhd-hdr-led-smart-tv-with-google-tv/6538120.p?skuId=6538120

@mystuart and @member6, your posts in this thread seem more than a little off-topic. They have nothing to do with the Jabra Enhance Pro 20s or accessories that might be purchased with them and how those accessories might work with the Jabra Enhance Pro 20s and previous ReSound HAs, not even with shopping for HAs at Costco. A thread on the KS10s would be a more appropriate place for such posts.

Iā€™m sure there is no problem answering a question anywhere on this forum.

1 Like

Deleted. And the point of my post had to do w/ linking to a tv, rather than about KS10s. At least that was my intention.

2 Likes

From my experience itā€™s very rare to find somebody that knows technical details in any retail setting. One should always verify somewhere else or be sure the item can be returned. Iā€™ve also learned to try not to ask leading questions as people tend to like to be agreeable.
Tangent: How well did the salespeople at Ford know the Ford Lightning specs? :>)

1 Like

Iā€™m new here, but I now have experience with the Jabra Pro 10ā€™s and Android, and I know exactly what you are referring to. Itā€™s really the only problem I have with these hearing aids. What Iā€™ve found is that it is due to the very poor range of the Bluetooth receiver in the hearing aids. If you hold the phone close to your ears, everything works great. I hold the phone up near my face when making phone calls. For streaming, I can usually get away with having my phone in my jacket pocket and everything works good. In pants pocket it can sometimes start to cut out or give that ā€œlocalizedā€ effect you are talking about.

Even with this problem, the Jabras are way better than the Oticons I tried from an audiologist. Those things would disconnect all the time, and the app was horrible. I love the Jabra app and the hearing aids work good with my ears. I am hoping they can up the Bluetooth receiver range in the future. (Just let Jabra use their own receiver instead of using Resounds)

1 Like

I have the Phillips 9040s and am in my 5th month of my ā€œtrialā€ period. I went to Costco yesterday and my HA fitter put my stats into a pair of the loaner Jabraā€™s she has. I am trying them for a week. They are really differant sounding and truthfully so far Iā€™m not impressed. Coming home in the car I noticed quickly that I could not hear the turnsignal clicking. Then when we got home after a little while my DW ask if I had turned them down because I didnā€™t answer her a few times. I texted my daughter and had her to call me. She did and her voice was not as clear as she is with the 9040ā€™s. This morning I have tried adjusting these Jabraā€™s in the app after I finally got them to connect. I canā€™t try the TV connector because they donā€™t keep one for loaner in the store. 1st impressions are not great for me but Iā€™m going to keep trying to give them a chance. Iā€™m in my 3rd set from Costco since 2009, 1st set was Kirklands, from them I got a set of Oticons, then a set of Bernafons that I still have as backups. The reason I tried these 9040ā€™s is the Bernafons would quit with the slightest bit of moisture and the HIS at Costco says the 9040 rechargable wonā€™t be as susceptible to that because of no battery door. I like the Jabraā€™s size and weight better than the 9040ā€™s but to get the lesser weight in them I would have to go back to replaceble batteries so mabe no improvement there? Anyway thatā€™s where I stand now.

1 Like

You have a pretty significant loss. Do you know what your word recognition scores are? If less than 60%, you might want to consider a cochlear implant eval. If options other than Costco are feasible, you might try Phonak. They can use frequency lowering to give you better access to high frequencies.

This is why you donā€™t like them, theyā€™ve only been a first fit, 90% of ā€œfirst fitsā€ donā€™t work out, youā€™ll need further adjustments to get them how you like things to sound.

3 Likes

If you can hear the turn signals with the Phillips aids you should be able to hear them with the Jabra aids.
The Jabra aids are not set up right for you. Not programmed correctly.
Thatā€™s too bad, you would be a great person for a little review with two properly fit sets of aids.

2 Likes

What makes you think there not the same as the Resound Nexia? Based on the specs that Iā€™ve seen theyā€™re pretty darn close if not exactly the same. Do you have any insight information?

1 Like

I do, they are exactly the same, and so are the Beltoneā€™s, all the same with different names.

2 Likes

The 9040s can do frequency lowering. Donā€™t know about the Jabras.

Phonakā€™s frequency lowering can make use of lower frequencies than the Philliips to place higher frequencies. Person I was responding might not need that them that low. Phillips frequency lowering is more sophisticated than Resound/Jabraā€™s.

1 Like

Pretty much all the manufacturers offer this in some shape or form.

1 Like

What are you hoping to get from the Jabras? Are you also buying an 8K or better Samsung TV? The Pro 20s have Auracast, but not much else is available.

Iā€™m 90% certain that the 9040s provide a more natural sound than the Jabra Pro 10 does. Iā€™d have switched to the Philips HAs, except I make use of the ReSound Multi Mic. The Multi Mic may not be as good as the Roger stuff but itā€™s a whole lot less expensive. Otocin makes nothing like the Multi Mic, which ecomes an omnidirectional mic when placed horizontally on a table.

Ummā€¦ no I donā€™t need a tv like that, I already have the ReSound one (which is the Jabra Pro) Iā€™m not intending to update to the Nexia until I see positive reviews about them and Auracast to see if itā€™s worth it, Iā€™m quite sure it will be, but time will tell.

Phillipsā€¦thereā€™s a big difference between ReSound/Jabra in the way these work so this is why you feel they have a more ā€œnatural soundā€ Oticon has a More open soundtrack, so they sound different as well, Phonaks Autosense is yet again different, so what works for some doesnā€™t work for everyone.

The multi mic is a fantastic little piece of kit, I use it myself if Iā€™m out and about, especially if at friends/family members places for movie night etc

That was a question for Venturer. Heā€™s under no obligation to do so, though.

1 Like

You have to take into account future proofing, HAs are usually good for 5 years, next yearā€™s ecosystem of Auracast will look very different, were just starting.

1 Like

5 years is far from universal. I agree that getting the Pro 20s or Nexia may make sense today if youā€™ve got a 5 year frame of reference. But Illinois will require health insurers to cover up to $2500/ear every 2 years starting Jan 1 (unclear if thatā€™s 2024 or 2025. I can see other jurisdictions doing something similar.

With a 2or 3 year frame of reference, I think one might be wise to avoid the first implementation of BTLE Audio in a hearing aid. There are many reasons for going with a Nexia or rebranded Nxia, but Auracast isnā€™t high no my priority list.

2 Likes