Costco Kirkland Signature 7.0 (Product Information)

Just picked up my KS7 with the Smart Connect feature ($289.99), $2290.78, price drop!! Costco Burnaby. I will now spend several days figuring out all the controls and bluetooth on the beasts.

What was the price before and breakdown?

The KS7 is an even $2000 at Canadian Costco. So with the $290 Smart Connect, you’d get the $2290. (That’s US$1745. You probably didn’t want to hear that.) (Unless you can get the Smart Connect for $45 in the states.)

Is the $45 price only if you buy it as a package or can I go into a Costco and just buy it for that? I am picking up my KS7 next week, but going to the US in a few weeks and could easily wait till then to buy it. Also, does it come with the part for TV streaming?

Live in Burnaby, BC. I trialed the Trax 42 and switched to KS 7 when they came out two weeks after I bought the Trax 42. Very happy with the KS 7 and the $1000 savings. The only difference is a smaller 312 rechargeable battery but I stream podcasts via bluetooth from my phone several hours a day and no problems with the battery.

i was just kidding. just pointing out that we are getting a way better deal in canada. ha; for once!

“Kirkland Signature 7.0 is a RIC instrument available from Costco with features similar to Signia 7px products.”

Just to mention that the Kirkland 7.0 HA is marked “Rexton” in several places.

Rexton aids are made by Siemens and the Siemens hearing aid division was taken over by Stivanos.

All clear?

Richard M

My experience DIY-ing suggests that if it’s got to be one of these, it’s Rexton. There seem to be some of the really micro-tweak-able Signia features that are missing.

The fitting software is basically the same (Connexx 8). However, there are two different sub-programs, one for Siemens/Signia, and the other for Rexton. The KS7s can only be accessed through the Rexton version, and the features here are more limited than they are via the Siemens/Signia version. (The Siemens training videos on audiologyonline.com support this contention as well.)

I’ve watched over the shoulder of the Costco audi, and this also seems to be true for the in-store clinics, too, so I don’t think it’s because I’m not able to access some proprietary magic.

This is only a thumbnail sketch, but missing are features like: with the phone program that sends audio to both ears, being able to reduce the level and adjust the noise reduction of the other (non-phone) ear’s microphone; access to settings for some of the other noise reduction and microphone selection settings; and getting the aids to automatically “learn” from the user’s manipulation of the volume controls, etc.

I’m not suggesting this means anything regarding the actual operation of the features and so on. Just that there seems to be a bunch of settings that are accessible for the 7px products that aren’t accessible for the KS7s.

How much do the “official Rexton/Kirkland” Bluetooth transmitters cost, and is it possible to use (possibly cheaper) “generic” ones? Can one use more than one BT transmitter? – e.g., one plugged into each of two different TVs and another plugged into a radio?

I am using a generic bluetooth transmitter and yes it works. Audio delay depends on the transmitter and what ever you have it connected to. At home with my TV, there is no audio delay that I notice, but when I travel and plug the same transmitter into the TV at the hotel, there is an audio delay. I am getting another transmitter next week with bluetooth 4.1 and will see how it works.

I have been using the Indigo BT transmitter purchased from Amazon. It was on sale at the time. There is another identical one with a different name – Miscus, I think. They are in a category – low latency. Look for that when buying a BT transmitter. Mine stays very close to the activity. I only notice a slight latency when the weatherman is getting a closeup.

Good ones run between $35 and $50 mostly. Lot less than the hundreds charged by HA companies.

In my case it communicates with a Rexton Phone Clip +.

Using the SmartConnect app. in Demo mode, I see provision for only two transmitters. Is that all that one can use with the actual aids?

Yes, only two Transmitters can be paired to the Smart Connect.

Wow this Blog is a great find. ! :) I have a HA for first time the KS7 here in Arizona from Costco Great HAS take time. Still learning the app. I just use the HA to listen to phone, music and TV but may try Blue tooth in the car.

Are you sure about that? I thought it could only be paired with 2 of their branded transmitters. When I pair with mine, it does not even show on that list in the app.

Two TVLinks, two BT phones, endless BT devices as the discovery and pairing/connecting is initialized from the device.

Just picked mine up today. I have learned (or at least think I have) that the KS7 does seem similar to the Signia 7PX, and that there is a new Rexton model out called the Emerald S 6c RIC that seems very similar https://www.rexton.com/emerald-hearing-aids/ Anybody know where to find a datasheet for these? They do include the tinnitus function.

My question refers to the music presets. From Signia’s webpage, I found this: https://pro.signiausa.com/2016/03/07/primax-the-ideal-hearing-aids-for-music/ but does anybody know what the differences are between the live, recorded and musician presets?

Live: directional miking (since you’re in the audience looking at the stage), extended frequency response
Musician: omni miking (since you’re amongst the other artistes), extended frequency response
Recorded: omni miking (since you’re at home, it’s quiet, and you want to be able to move around), more linear frequency response

For a little more explanation, sign up for audiologyonline.com – it’s free, and signup is easy – and search for this 13-minute course: 27721 – Quick Tips: Primax Case Study #3 (Optimizing Music)

Thank you very much. I’ve signed up for audiologyonline but must have missed this. Thanks again!

They have information on the new 6c Rextons too. The new ones are 48 channels, like the Signia 7PX. Guess they have to have something to differentiate from the Kirkland’s 42 channels.