ComPilot II not playing well with Echo Dot

I’m having problems using a Phonak ComPilot II to listen to streaming music from an Echo Dot. It pairs up OK, but when I tell the Dot to play music, it will only play for a few seconds before it stops. It gets going again after about 20-30 seconds but only plays for a few (10?) seconds before it stops again. This pattern repeats over and over. Anybody have this kind of problem and have any idea what I can do to fix it? I’ve paired the Dot to some headphones that works perfectly but I’d like to just use my aids.

I paired my ComPilot II to an Echo to test it, and have not experienced these issues. The streaming continues uninterrupted.

I am also having problems with my echo dot and Compilot (I). I am unable to get any proper sound at all though, just fragments of sound stuttering. Echo dot also pairs fine with bluetooth speakers so I dont know what the issue is.

Just to chime in - I get the same issue with the echo (dot or Alexa). My guess is that it has to do with the Bluetooth standards used by Phonak vs. Echo/Alexa.

Would love to hear from anyone who has successfully paired ComPilot II to Alexa either thru Android Alexa or Alexa Dot. TIA