Bluetooth LE (hearing aid) to bluetooth classic (laptop)

Hi - trying to get to the bottom of this. I want to be able to connect to both at the same time (with the phone having the priority if a call came in). Manufacturers are telling me I need their expensive bluetooth classic adaptor (usually a clip on device that pairs with the BT classic source). However, I wondered if buying a cheap BT LE dongle that plugged in to the laptop would work as the BT LE HA would then be able to pair to that? Just a thought :slight_smile:

Sounds like they’re telling the truth. If you don’t have a Phonak (or related) hearing aid, then you’ll need to use the manufacturer’s device (either a connect clip or TV streamer) If you get a BT LE dongle you will probably be able to pair, but won’t be able to stream because the laptop is not Made for iPhone or ASHA compatible.

1 Like

Ok thanks. I currently have a Phonak Marvel which as you know, uses BT classic (4.2). I can connect to the phone and my laptop but ONLY if I turn off bluetooth on the one I am not using. I thought it was possible to connect to BOTH at the same time, with the phone taking priority (i.e streaming Youtube which then pauses when a phone call comes in then resumes when phone call finished). The paradise and lumity are both on 4.2 so I assume they would be the same…

I’m just winging this so not 100% sure, but I think Marvel can pair to two devices but only connect to one.
Paradise and Lumity can pair to 8 and connect to two. What you say about phone prioritization sounds right.

2 Likes

Windows 11 has added hearing aid support using BLE 5.x

The early access preview has been made available in build KB5026446

I have ordered an Intel ax210 wireless card for my laptop rather than the USB dongle path (my wireless wifi/bt adapter is pcie based and is a small plugin card on motherboard, I am upgrading it for about $14, cheap enough) if you have a new laptop, it is likely that your wireless is an m.2/pcie based card, that’s how pc mfgs avoid costly fcc certification.

Here is a thread on hearing tracker that talks about MS BTLE audio support Windows 11 to add Bluetooth LE support for hearing aids

Here is Ms link to check HW modem BLE compatibility Check if your Windows 11 PC supports Bluetooth Low Energy Audio - Microsoft Support

Hope this helps.

This should work with LE Audio hearing aids (Nexia and maybe latest Signia) but won’t work with Made for iPhone or ASHA hearing aids.

I used to have M70. It was a pain, only being able to pair to two devices but connect to one at once.

1 Like